News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Completing the Favorite Co. Ltd. pages

Started by DinoToyForum, September 02, 2018, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I just want to focus on the 'soft model' series for now. I think we've reviewed the majority of the dinosaurs, particularly thanks to avatar_Horridus @Horridus

http://dinotoyblog.com/category/favorite/

However, there are still a few figures that await review. Outstanding figures as follows...

'Dinosaur' Soft Model series 1 (Also listed by Favorite Co. Ltd. as their "Old Style Soft Model Series")
Pteranodon
Styracosaurus
Triceratops

'Dinosaur' Soft Model series 2 (also listed by Favorite as their "New Soft Model Series")
Brachiosaurus
Pteranodon

'Prehistoric Life' Soft Model Series (These are newer so there are more of these to be reviewed)
Archelon
Dimetrodon
Megalodon
Opabinia
Smilodon
Woolly mammoth

Any takers?

Lanthanotus

Could it be that the list above is somewhat mixed up? I think there was no Pachycepahlosaurus in the series 2 and no Pteranodon in the series 1?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 02, 2018, 01:56:17 PM
Could it be that the list above is somewhat mixed up? I think there was no Pachycepahlosaurus in the series 2 and no Pteranodon in the series 1?

Pachycephalosaurus is from S1 only:

Pteranodon is from both series.

Pteranodon S1:

Pteranodon S2:

Complete S1:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157673559481572

Complete S2:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157676886231603

Other Softmodels:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652797169372

There are color variants I don't have in my collection..

:)

Shonisaurus

I am also completing the Favorite collection in regards to Soft Model I have the two versions of dinosaurs Series 1 and Series 2 and the other versions of prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs.

Museum figures, and the special version of the deinoychus as I call it black and white, I bought from Invicta Hunters at auction.

The Soft Model figures that I lack are the Ancient fish except the celancanto and the baryonyx and neovenator figures that I have commissioned from Brett and Emiko and I am waiting for them to give me an order to be able to pay Brett those figures. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos Robin.

Favorite is perhaps the favorite Japanese company well ahead of others. His figures are awesome.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 02, 2018, 01:56:17 PM

It is very possible!

Thanks both for the correction. I have removed Pachycephalosaurus from the series 2 list.

Gwangi

With all their museum exclusives I'm not sure the Favorite page will ever be complete. But getting these done is a start.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Gwangi on September 02, 2018, 03:37:36 PM
With all their museum exclusives I'm not sure the Favorite page will ever be complete. But getting these done is a start.

There are only 12 Museum Exclusives ( + new Baryonyx and Neovenator = 14 )..  :P

Shonisaurus

By the way, are the ancient fish included in the dinotoyblog.com reviews page? They are still prehistoric fish although they still coexist with us, fortunately.

SBell

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 02, 2018, 05:07:42 PM

There are only 12 Museum Exclusives ( + new Baryonyx and Neovenator = 14 )..  :P

But that's true of every still-current company; every year (or so) there will be new ones to add. It would be worse if there were not.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 02, 2018, 05:29:26 PM
By the way, are the ancient fish included in the dinotoyblog.com reviews page? They are still prehistoric fish although they still coexist with us, fortunately.

If those fish get added in I'll do them. I have all 6, plus the big vinyl Coelacanth (well, it's my son's, but he wouldn't mind). But the can of worms you will open...no one has more primitive fishes than me! (Seriously...so many...). Although their crossover appeal with prehistorics for dioramas and such is undeniable.

Gwangi

Yeah, but most of us reviewers don't have them so unless they're guest reviews it's unlikely you'll see them. And as SBell pointed out, there are new ones every year. AND, out of those 14 how many currently have reviews? I think I counted five. Anyway, I would love to be proven wrong, I hope they all get reviewed, I hope I'm the one that gets to review some of them.  8)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 02, 2018, 05:29:26 PM

Pretty sure it has to be extinct, although there are Coelacanth on there. I wouldn't encourage reviews of extant species personally, it would snowball. After all, all species have their roots in prehistory.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Gwangi on September 02, 2018, 07:55:49 PM

Yeah, but most of us reviewers don't have them so unless they're guest reviews it's unlikely you'll see them. And as SBell pointed out, there are new ones every year. AND, out of those 14 how many currently have reviews? I think I counted five. Anyway, I would love to be proven wrong, I hope they all get reviewed, I hope I'm the one that gets to review some of them.  8)

I'm not a reviewer so I can't help but these are the Museum Exclusives:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157670833039307

:)

Halichoeres

I have the Archelon, Dimetrodon, and most of the museum exclusives, so I can try to get to some of those. Not particularly territorial, so if somebody else gets to them first it won't break my heart.

As for the Ancient Fishes series, I think they're great figures, but the series is poorly named and I personally don't think they are really appropriate for a blog devoted to prehistoric life. I feel like the WS coelacanth slips by on a technicality, being part of the WS prehistoric life series, but it should have been part of the marine life series, or if the series wanted to include a coelacanth, the talent devoted to its creation should have been employed on an actual ancient member of the group. (Sorry if OT)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.