News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about a discontinued kit

Started by tyrantqueen, October 09, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Hi
I am interested in purchasing a Michael Trcic Tyrannosaurus (the one with its foot in the air)

I've seen it for sale on eBay, but the price is over 300 dollars. What I want to know is this: is it really worth that much? I understand the kit is discontinued, but at the same time I don't want to get ripped off.

Blade-of-the-Moon

caspakian

It is not $300 worth of resin, but you are paying for the rarity now. Not sure how many were made. I like Trcic sculpts. I have this one and the partner triceratops. Shane Foulkes did an awesome faux bronze paint job on them for me and they are a prized part of my collection. I think I paid close to the $300 mark for it also.

caspakian

Here are some pics to help you decide.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: caspakian on October 11, 2013, 12:50:31 AM
It is not $300 worth of resin, but you are paying for the rarity now. Not sure how many were made. I like Trcic sculpts. I have this one and the partner triceratops. Shane Foulkes did an awesome faux bronze paint job on them for me and they are a prized part of my collection. I think I paid close to the $300 mark for it also.
Thanks for the advice and photos. I guess I'm a little reluctant to pay $300 for an unpainted, unassembled resin.

I like Trcic's work too. I liked his Spinosaurus and charging Triceratops statues, but I don't have space for 1/24 models. Such is the life of a dinosaur collector :-[

caspakian

Yes. I looked on ebay and the only one there right now is $350, and this guy is notorious for not negotiating.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
I like Trcic's work too. I liked his Spinosaurus and charging Triceratops statues, but I don't have space for 1/24 models. Such is the life of a dinosaur collector :-[

Well you should be happy, because Dan told me that the Favorite Tric Models are ridiculously Fragile, and the packaging is not adequate to protect them during transit.

caspakian

Quote from: Takama on October 12, 2013, 03:29:48 AM

Well you should be happy, because Dan told me that the Favorite Tric Models are ridiculously Fragile, and the packaging is not adequate to protect them during transit.

Hunh?

Takama

From Dan

QuoteHi,

Are you referring to the Favorite Trcic series of larger desktop models? I don't even carry those in the shop any longer, because they're absurdly fragile. The broken pieces reveal their largely hollow interior, and the manufacturer used little more than fitted styrofoam to protect them within their boxes, which wasn't really adequate.

tyrantqueen

Why would that make me happy? Not to mention I'm not even interested in buying those models in the first place.

caspakian

Now I know what you where calling fragile. I thought you were talking about the resin T Rex at first.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 12, 2013, 04:33:32 PM

Why would that make me happy? Not to mention I'm not even interested in buying those models in the first place.

What I met, is that you should be happy that you don't want those, because of the fragility.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.