News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Retire a figure!

Started by Brontozaurus, December 12, 2017, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2018, 12:17:50 AM
SNIP
Aside from Schleich, I would like to offer defences/counter points:

Safari:
Guanlong - I think the Guanlong is gone, but despite the ridiculous hands and feet, it's probably the only half-decent common figure of this genus.
2011 featherless Tyrannosaurus - some people like it scaly
Apatosaurus - that is a nice figure that should not bee gone
Edmontosaurus - this one has been discontinued anyway. And the world needs more easily available Hadrosaurs/other Ornithopods so I would rather it was brought back.
2017 Diplodocus - What?! - Apart from size, what on earth could be wrong with that?
Mosasaurus - Okay, you can get rid of that one.

Papo:
All of their Tyrannosaurus - people want affordable JP Rexes.
Spinosaurus - people want affordable JP Spinos.
Triceratops -  - people want affordable JP Trikes.
Stegosaurus - people want affordable JP Stegos.
Velociraptor - If you mean the JP ones, get rid of them too.

And the big one CollectA, so I'm glad you're not in charge of this one (sorry)
QuoteI would retire the "Standard Line" as it is,these smaller,lower end models.
- No. No. The standard figures are in many cases a better size than the large figures. this would be a terrible loss.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 01, 2018, 07:55:26 PM

And the big one CollectA, so I'm glad you're not in charge of this one (sorry)
QuoteI would retire the "Standard Line" as it is,these smaller,lower end models.
- No. No. The standard figures are in many cases a better size than the large figures. this would be a terrible loss.

I'm with you on this one. The standard line is often in 1:40; the deluxe figures very rarely are.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.