News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you got it?

Started by Ravonium, August 25, 2019, 04:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

...Nope. Had a back molar extracted a couple of months ago.

Have you got any movie props or replicas thereof?

Ravonium

Don't think so.

Have you got a figure of an animal being parasitised (any form of it), but not killed?

Halichoeres

Yes, the CollectA Pliosaurus with a lamprey on it, and the Rhomaleosaurus with the barnacles, if I remember correctly. Barnacles are only drag parasites, but you did say any form.

Have you got piercings, tattoos, or other body modifications?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Funk

None at all... Have no urge to get any either.

Have you got a prehistoric animal toy that you didn't care much for when you got it, but later found out to be rare or otherwise significant in some way?

Halichoeres

Yup. When I first started, I only collected vertebrates, and I got some invertebrates as a byproduct of other purchases. When I started learning more about ammonites, trilobites, and echinoderms, I started to really appreciate those figures. I don't care much about rarity, though.

Have you got a pair of shoes that you really should throw out, but keep for some reason?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

I have a pair of broken shoes for the use I would like to throw but I don't throw them away because it was a gift from my mother and I have it stored in my closet.

Have you got it a tarantula as a pet?

Halichoeres

I had one when I was young! I eventually released it (I had caught it in my yard).

Have you got a book in a language other than your primary language?

Funk

Most of my "serious" palaeontology books (as well as many other books and comics) are in English, which is not my first language...

Have you ever intentionally destroyed one of your toys?

Ravonium

Yes.

Have you got a Roomba?

ZoPteryx

No, I don't trust those little buggers.  :))

Have you got a non JP/JW figure with "battle damage"?

Ravonium

I guess the Safari Ltd Feathered T. rex falls under that category, so yes.

Have you got a figure of an organism that isn't an animal?

CityRaptor

Aside from plants that came with Dinosaurs and Dioramas, I got a stand alone figure: Safari's Prehistoric Landscapes Cycad

Quote from: Ravonium on September 29, 2019, 10:00:12 AM
I guess the Safari Ltd Feathered T. rex falls under that category, so yes.

I was gonna say that one, too.

Not counting Hybrids, do you have any figure of a fictional species of Dinosaur?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 16, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
I like that little guitarfish, too! I don't even have the Pteranodon anymore.

I have got some pizza in the fridge, but it's about a week old and I'd better throw it out. Thanks for the reminder!

Have you got all of your teeth?

Yes I have all my teeth (one filled), all my fangs and all my grinders.

Have you got the mini tyrannosaurus from Battat (Boston Museum)?

Libraraptor

No.

Have you got Schleich Shonisaurus?

Halichoeres

I do! It's simultaneously cute and a little goofy.

Have you got a prehistoric plush?

CityRaptor

Well, I hot a a Jurassic Park plush Velociraptor from Dakin.

Since no one answered it:
Not counting Hybrids, do you have any figure of a fictional species of Dinosaur?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Odd that that got skipped. I'm not really into kaiju, so I don't think I have any fictional ones, but I have some that are dubious because they're based on scanty remains (e.g., Acanthopholis) and some that are reconstructed somewhat fictitiously (e.g., Agustinia).

Have you got artwork on your walls?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.