News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Colorata - New for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, April 05, 2019, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

New prehistoric boxed set on the way now released from Colorata:

Mammuthus

Arsinoitherium

Paleoparadoxia

Smilodon

Megaloceros

Megatherium

Glyptodon

Diatryma (Gastornis)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Aaaand there's just one I want: the Diatryma.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

For me, the Paleoparadoxia alone makes this set worth it.
The sculpts on the rest of the figures look a bit awkward though.

Shonisaurus

To me the two figures that I like most about this set are megaloceros and megatherium. Colorata is a company like almost all renowned Asians focused on making figures of a scientific nature.

terrorchicken

this is a must have for me, the megaloceros and paleoparadoxia are unexpected. Ive never even heard of paleoparadoxia! *off to google!*

Faelrin

Wow looks like a really nice set. I really like the choice of creatures (and glad to see Megaloceros here. Not too many figures of it currently sadly).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Szajmin

This image just popped out on facebook in one of toy-groups

CityRaptor

Is this just me or do the details and paint jobs on most of those mammals look a lot less impressive than those of their dinosaurs?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

bmathison1972

I wouldn't mind a few of these for my Synoptic Collection but if that is a standard Colorata box, then they are all too small for me

bmathison1972

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 06, 2019, 11:30:17 PM
Is this just me or do the details and paint jobs on most of those mammals look a lot less impressive than those of their dinosaurs?

I don't have any of their dinosaurs, but the style looks classic Colorata to me!

Szajmin

How big are Colorata figures?
Like those in Safari ltd toobs?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Szajmin on August 07, 2019, 12:11:56 AM
They typically vary in size. The smallest are similar in size to the smaller Safari toob figures, though they typically have an additional base. On average they are slightly larger than the largest Safari toob minis though.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 07, 2019, 01:07:55 AM
Quote from: Szajmin on August 07, 2019, 12:11:56 AM
They typically vary in size. The smallest are similar in size to the smaller Safari toob figures, though they typically have an additional base. On average they are slightly larger than the largest Safari toob minis though.

The last photo in my review of the Paleozoic set includes a Lego minifigure for scale: http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/02/21/paleozoic-creatures-by-colorata/

I don't plan to buy the Cenozoic set, but I think they might be slightly smaller, because there are 8 figures rather than 6. Also, I think only the Diatryma will come with a base.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stegosauria

On Colorata's site the sizes for the box and each figure are indicated in cm.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.