News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

National museum of Brazil goes up in smoke

Started by EarthboundEiniosaurus, September 03, 2018, 02:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Libraraptor

Does anyone have latest  information about the progress in restoring this treasure?

Halichoeres

They're slowly digging through the ashes and finding much destroyed, of course, but quite a few intact objects:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48023691
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Neosodon

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2019, 02:23:39 PM
They're slowly digging through the ashes and finding much destroyed, of course, but quite a few intact objects:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48023691
That was sad to read. Did they ever find the cause of the fire?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

It is a tragedy for science that the National Museum of Brazil has burned down. So far I have not commented anything but it has been lost unfortunately so I read a lot of paleontological, geological and biological material of incalculable value. It reminds me of the unfortunate event that happened a few days ago with the cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris. In both cases it is a very great misfortune, but the important thing is that no one has died in both catastrophes. It's sad news anyway.  :(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.