News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikimon Nature Technicolour - New for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, March 03, 2019, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Ikimon makes gorgeous little nature-themed figures, and I've been hoping they'd make prehistoric gashapon ever since I learned of the company's existence. They're finally dipping their toes in the water with this upcoming set of skeletal figures:

I believe they are:
Apatosaurus
Archelon
Elasmosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus

But I could be wrong on one or two of those.

Considering how off the wall some of their species choices for their extant lines have been (an entire series of barnacles, for example), I hope that at some point they do something a little more adventurous. And maybe non-skeletal, while I'm dreaming.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

I could be mistaken, but to the best of my knowledge, Kitan Club no longer produces Nature Technicolour, which is now made by Ikimon. At any rate they are separate, non-overlapping web sites and Twitter feeds.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

postsaurischian

:D  It's great to see them finally entering the prehistoric business!
       I have been collecting a lot of their series and they (Kitan Club, Ikimon, Nature Techni Colour - whatever) are among the best.
       I'm also dreaming about fleshed-out figures now O:-) .

cooksonia

I have notified Brett about buying these so thanks for the heads up

brettnj

I am taking orders now and asked my source for any further info--release date especially as he never gives prices prior to release.

Will update as ASAP.

Anyone interested can PM.

Thanks.
Brett

brettnj

Can the original poster or anyone else provide a URL for these?

I asked my new figure source about them and he was not yet aware of them, asking for more information.

Thanks.
Brett

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pretty sweet! I already owe Brett a good amount though, not ordering anything else so potentially pricey until I pay him.

Halichoeres

Quote from: brettnj on March 05, 2019, 02:14:55 AM
Can the original poster or anyone else provide a URL for these?

I asked my new figure source about them and he was not yet aware of them, asking for more information.

Thanks.
Brett

Sorry, no, I can't. This is from Ikimon's Twitter feed. They haven't offered any other information yet.

brettnj

Okay, I'll keep watch.

Thanks for letting me know, Hali.

brettnj

Sorry for the delay here but my source told me that it is uncertain if these will be released (though I have to suspect they will). Will update as I hear more.

Thanks.
Brett

Halichoeres

Not sure if this is related to the previously teased release, but according to Ikimon's Twitter feed, these are supposed to release in July:

Mostly pretty boring, but the trilobites are intriguing.

Flaffy

stegosauria

The Archelon skeleton seems interesting just you can't see it properly because of the Chinese text. These are keychains?

Flaffy

Quote from: stegosauria on June 10, 2019, 10:25:52 PM
The Archelon skeleton seems interesting just you can't see it properly because of the Chinese text. These are keychains?
Chinese? It's japanese.

stegosauria

Quote from: Flaffy on June 10, 2019, 11:24:27 PM
Chinese? It's japanese.

Oh, sorry (I didn't look at the signs really beyond that they cover the Archelon too much).

Halichoeres

These are keychains?

Yes, I think these are flat keychains. Not really what I collect (probably true for most of us here), but it's nice at least to see a company as capable as Ikimon is paying attention to ancient animals.

Halichoeres

These 2D charms are now available. I'm holding out for some 3D figures.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.