You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 sauropodomorphs would we like CollectA to make?

Started by Sim, June 08, 2023, 08:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 sauropodomorphs would you like the most from CollectA?

Amargasaurus (new)
8 (24.2%)
Ampelosaurus (new)
8 (24.2%)
Barosaurus (1:40 scale)
22 (66.7%)
Brachiosaurus (new, deluxe)
7 (21.2%)
Brachytrachelopan
14 (42.4%)
Brontosaurus (deluxe 1:35/1:40 scale)
5 (15.2%)
Camarasaurus
6 (18.2%)
Dicraeosaurus
8 (24.2%)
Diplodocus (walking)
1 (3%)
Eoraptor (1:6 scale)
9 (27.3%)
Nigersaurus (new)
11 (33.3%)
Plateosaurus (new, 1:35 scale)
21 (63.6%)
Supersaurus (deluxe)
6 (18.2%)
Shunosaurus (new)
10 (30.3%)
Xinjiangtitan
7 (21.2%)
Any large titanosaur (deluxe 1:35/1:40 scale)
12 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Sim

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on June 16, 2023, 06:15:36 AMI get that everybody feels like the definitive Plateosaurus hasn't been made yet, but it IS still the one "prosauropod" that ever does seem to get made, so I would still prefer some other basal sauropodomorph, like Ledumahadi AKA "Thunderclap at Dawn".

Nice to see the weirdo Brachytrachelopan at third place currently, though!
Lufengosaurus has also been made a couple of times, but still there is no adequate toy of a prosauropod.  The last time Plateosaurus was made was by CollectA in 2011 so it's not like we're getting flooded with Plateosaurus figures.  Also, it's such a well-understood animal, plus it's got interesting anatomy, Plateosaurus deserves a good figure.  It's fine to prefer something else, but I personally would not like to see Ledumahadi get made instead as it's known from extremely fragmentary remains and it's a sauropod, something there is no shortage of figures of, while there still isn't a good prosauropod figure.

ceratopsian

I'm not happy with the existing Lufengosaurus figures at all. It deserves better!

Sim

Yes, I too would like a good Lufengosaurus figure to be made.  It would have been one of my choices in this poll if I wasn't just slightly preferring the sauropods I picked plus Plateosaurus.

Barosaurus is in first place again, I really hope it gets made by CollectA!

BlueKrono

I've always said Brachytrachelopan is the dinosaur I would most like to see a figure made of, but toy companies don't seem to want to give it the time of day.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

My vote for Plateosaurus should be construed as "any 'prosauropod.'" Massospondylus, Anchisaurus, Riojasaurus, Mussaurus, whatever.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.