News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Planning for repaint

Started by Stegotyranno420, November 29, 2019, 02:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best Giganotosaurus (repaints and minis not included)

Pnso
Safari Ltd(Carnegie)
Schliech(new)
Schliech(old)
Geoworld
Safari Ltd(Wild Safari)
TipToi
Mojo
Schliech(Juvenile)
Vitae
Bullyland
Eofauna
Resaurus(Carnage)
Other(Comment)
Waiting for Papo

Stegotyranno420

Hello everyone. I would like to know any ways of preplanning a repaint before I actually get the figure(in this case the Giganotosaurus by Safari). I know I'm very new here, and nobody would care about me(please tell me if I am doing something wrong), but I really need this help. I did try drawing the figure with a new paint scheme, but my art tools are not very good, so I cant replicate the original photo. Any ideas? Thank you

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 02:06:38 AM
Hello everyone. I would like to know any ways of preplanning a repaint before I actually get the figure(in this case the Giganotosaurus by Safari). I know I'm very new here, and nobody would care about me(please tell me if I am doing something wrong), but I really need this help. I did try drawing the figure with a new paint scheme, but my art tools are not very good, so I cant replicate the original photo. Any ideas? Thank you

I usually just use a picture for reference and after that I just modify it to my taste or go off on my own take of a similar colour palette. Makes things simpler and easier when you're not trying to replicate something exactly as it is.

Stegotyranno420

[/quote]

I usually just use a picture for reference and after that I just modify it to my taste or go off on my own take of a similar colour palette. Makes things simpler and easier when you're not trying to replicate something exactly as it is.
[/quote]
Sorry I could not understand, so can you give me an example

PumperKrickel

deleted

Stegotyranno420

Thank you very much PumperKrickel. This means a lot. And I like the way you think.
Also, can you tell everyone about the poll I'm hosting. If this poll is popular, more genera(and/or species) would be hosted.
Thank you

Cretaceous Crab

Yeah, I agree that repainting a "cheapasaur" is a good way to get your feet wet, before committing to a nicer figure.

If drawing isn't your strong suit, you may be able to find a plain uncolored sketch or drawing online to print off, and just make copies of it so you can color it with markers, or whatever.....just to see what your desired paint scheme would look like. Taking that one step further, you may be able to find a photo of the figure, then make a Xerox-ed copy of it, so it would be in grayscale, sort of.

Stegotyranno420

I agree with you Cretaceous Crab

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on November 29, 2019, 12:43:39 PM
Yeah, I agree that repainting a "cheapasaur" is a good way to get your feet wet, before committing to a nicer figure.

If drawing isn't your strong suit, you may be able to find a plain uncolored sketch or drawing online to print off, and just make copies of it so you can color it with markers, or whatever.....just to see what your desired paint scheme would look like. Taking that one step further, you may be able to find a photo of the figure, then make a Xerox-ed copy of it, so it would be in grayscale, sort of.

Sound advice considering I started with a 300 dollar Resin Kit that I'm now repainting because the first time was well...I should've used a cheapasaur

Stegotyranno420

So heres the color scheme I made in photoshop. How is it

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 04, 2019, 04:44:44 AM

The picture´s really tiny, so it´s hard to see details. Looks good so far, though.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PumperKrickel on December 04, 2019, 11:24:10 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 04, 2019, 04:44:44 AM

The picture´s really tiny, so it´s hard to see details. Looks good so far, though.

Here, is this better

PumperKrickel

That color scheme is absolutely gorgeous!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.