You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wulong, a new microraptorine dromaeosaur

Started by Halichoeres, January 21, 2020, 11:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

You've met Lingwulong and Xuwulong, now check out Wulong, a really nicely preserved microraptorine from the Jehol Biota. Histology suggests that although it had acquired a basically adult appearance, it probably hadn't finished growing and was about a year old.

Holotype:

Paper (paywall, but don't let that stop you): https://anatomypubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ar.24343
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I saw this animal on cisiopurple's page a few days ago, I really like its tail. I wonder how many different and possibly unique tail feather variations there were amongst Microraptorians
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.