You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tiny armed Terrors and Bent-Jaws: Abelisaurs/Noasaurs

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, December 13, 2016, 07:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

No abelisaur or noasaur thread yet, and I have a feeling a lot of us have some abelisaurs and at least the Safari Masiakasaurus, so here you go!
My abelisaurs (sorry for the poor photo quality) And I don't have the Safari Masiakasaurus yet. :(

Figures:
Carnegie Carnotaurus (retired)
Papo Carnotaurus
Disney's Dinosaur small Carnotaurus (repainted)
CollectA Rajasaurus
Battat Terra Carnotaurus
JW Hero-Mashers Carnotaurus

Dinostoreus Carnotaurus Skull
I am the Dinosaur King!

Halichoeres

Here's a few:

Masiakasaurus (Safari Ltd)

Abelisaurus (Planeta DeAgostini)

Indosuchus (Planeta DeAgostini)

Majungasaurus (CollectA, and they still call it Majungatholus)

Rugops (CollectA)

Somehow nobody has made an Aucasaurus yet!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 16, 2019, 06:44:29 PM
Undoubtedly (in my opinion) the best Carnotaurus.

I agree, but there are several really good ones, more than most prehistoric animals get!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 15, 2019, 11:15:05 PM

Safari Carnotaurus

For me it is also the best carnotaurus by far. Safari carnotaurus is the most realistic and scientific made so far.

Faelrin

I'm glad there is a thread made for these now. Edit: Oh, I did not realize there has been one for a while now. Oh well. I have a soft spot for these (particularly Carnotaurus).

The Safari Ltd one is definitely a great figure, and probably the most accurate out there currently. I do still like the Carnegie and Battat renditions of it, in regards to models. Papo's has good detail, but is a bit too much like the Disney Dinosaur one (without the color scheme), even though it was based on the Sideshow statue.

For action figures of Carnotaurus, Mattel's Jurassic World one is a bit more on the accurate side (although just almost, since it still has pronated wrists? hands?, and a few other things), then their previous Disney Dinosaur one, but I think both are great. I only have the Jurassic one. Always wanted the other as a kid, but never got a chance to get it.

As of now, I have both Mattel's larger and mini Carnotaurus, and the Safari Ltd one.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Brocc21

The shleich Carnotaurus's. (I hope these post, some one else may have to post them!)

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 15, 2019, 11:15:05 PM

Safari Carnotaurus
Truly the very embodiment of the Cretaceous speed demon! Visualize that caudofemoralis at work.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: austrosaurus on February 29, 2020, 02:41:19 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2019, 12:12:22 AM
There is a Recur majungasaurus sold at urzeitshop.de and its price is acceptable,

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/recur/2725-majungasaurus-dinosaurier-figur-von-recur-6970442050298.html

It is a beautiful figure.
Affordable, yes. Beautiful, not really.

The Recur majungasaurus is obviously improvable but I sincerely like it more than other figures that I have from other brands of toy dinosaurs from my personal opinion and we must not forget that the Recur brand is intended for children not for collectors and for its characteristics and material You cannot ask me to be a hyper-realistic and detailed figure like the one of leading toy brands, even among those of us who are collectors for me, it is a beautiful figure but as I always say from my personal point of view.

Halichoeres

Allow me to defile this thread with this alleged Aucasaurus released by DeAgostini:

Shonisaurus

I think Collecta's rajasaurus is missing from this list of figures.

Halichoeres

It was included in the original post, but I think the image link must have expired. Here's my copy of the CollectA Rajasaurus:

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 14, 2020, 04:01:27 PM
It was included in the original post, but I think the image link must have expired. Here's my copy of the CollectA Rajasaurus:

That figure always bugged me for it's asymmetrical face. An issue that seems to affect recent Safari ltd theropods as well (e.g. Carnotaurus, Qianzhousaurus)

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2020, 03:14:07 AM
Allow me to defile this thread with this alleged Aucasaurus released by DeAgostini:

*snip*

Looks like it had too many leg days  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.