News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question concerning Invicta poster and figures

Started by Marxen 1986, December 08, 2020, 11:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marxen 1986

Have a nice day, my name is Christian Marxen.

The text was translated with the help of the Google translator as my English is not the best. ^^

My concern is a "special" question, and I'm looking for a specific poster (and occasionally some figures) from the Invicta collection at the British Museum.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8311/29229976962_ac254413d8_o.jpg

(The link is from "Search Google Pictures" and shows the only version of the picture I could find.)

While I could find individual figures on ebay, I was not able to find the poster anywhere.

My brother and I had a large number of characters as children.
Unfortunately he passed away recently and I would like to complete this collection.
So I would be very grateful for any kind of help.
It would be important to mention that I come from Germany and that it is somehow possible to regulate payment and shipping via the Internet.

Sincerely yours
Christian Marxen

Libraraptor

Hello avatar_Marxen 1986 @Marxen 1986 and welcome to the forum!

Firstly, I am very sorry for your loss of your brother! I am really touched by your concern and my prayers go to you and your family.

Secondly,  as a moderator I have decided to split and move this topic, since the "New dinotoyblog entries" thread was definitely the wrong one for your concern. ;)

At third place, I am myself one of the biggest Invicta nerds on this forum and it honors you that you want to complete your brother´s collection. As for myself, I have only their very first poster with more static dinosaurs. But I am pretty sure you´ll be helped soon by other members. It appears to be quite rare. But the collective knowledge on this forum is nearly immeasurable.  :)

Good luck on your hunt! And all the best ! I come from Germany, too (Sauerland) and am happy to help you. We can search for that poster together?!

BlueKrono

Hi Christian. The person I've gotten all my rare dinosaur posters from is Joe DeMarco from Pittsburgh. He's on eBay under the name "demarxo". I would recommend sending him a message. At one point he had one of the world's largest collections of dinosaur toys and paraphernalia.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dinoguy2

If it helps your search at all, the specific version you posted seems to be a photo of a box or packaging. There is a photo of the poster version of this art in DeMarco's book Dinosauriana. It is very wide, panorama style. It has no text or white boxes blocking the art. The silhouettes and species info is split between the far right and far left sides of the poster.

I've never actually seen this poster for sale. It seems like it was a late addition to the line, based on the inclusion of Stenonychosaurus. I would assume it's pretty rare. Good luck!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

I wish you well , Christian, in the search for this product. My encouragement to you in your quest is to be persistent, even and especially on Ebay. My experience is that it can take months and even years for sought-after treasures to show up, but almost invariably, they do.

Ezikot

I'm sorry for your loss.

I think that image was posted on this forum... here you can find it along with some (maybe helpful) infos:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=379.300

Halichoeres

My sympathies for your loss. It's quite possible that someone here will have the poster you're looking for, but if not, you might consider placing an ad in the Classified section of Prehistoric Times magazine, whose audience skews a bit more toward collectors of vintage items. These ads are free to subscribers, but are only a few dollars for non-subscribers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinoguy2

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 08, 2020, 05:32:24 PM

Some infos about Invicta' posters on the old DTF :

https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/296/invicta-poster

:)

Thanks! This seems to confirm there are at least two versions of the second poster. The one in the thread has the info and silhouettes along the bottom rather than at the ends, as in the one I mentioned above.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Marxen 1986

Fortunately for me it is only writing that does not work for me in the English language, but reading works well. ^^

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for the feedback and, above all, for the quick and many answers.

I thought to myself that my concerns in the thread were not correct, but since I didn't know exactly where to go, I thought to myself with "General" I am not doing anything wrong. ^^

Let's get to the poster first. Yes, the picture I sent is some kind of packaging, it was just the only version I found, so I posted it. And I know that you exist because we had it back then. Unfortunately, as a child, you are not that careful and the poster and some figures did not survive the time.

I looked out the eBayer DeMarxo's Dinosaurs and More and will send him a message the days.

I can imagine that it will be very difficult and long to bring all of this together, but it is definitely worth it to me. After looking around I think I can find the missing figures (with the exception of the blue whale) on eBay. And as for the feet for the "water and air dwellers", I'll carve some myself.

If it is otherwise possible to get a relatively sharp image file of the poster, that would be great too. Since I am familiar with graphic design, I would upgrade it and print it myself as a poster.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for their information.

I will write to "DeMarxo" the days and go in search of the poster or a suitable image file, and from January I will see that I can find the missing figures on eBay for the time being.
When I have a concern, I'm pretty sure I know where to get in touch. ;)

Should anyone know anything, especially about the poster, it would be really great if they could let me know. I am also aware that it will be more expensive. But that's also worth it to me.

Now I wish you, in spite of the current "circumstances", a peaceful party and a happy new year (from beautiful Schleswig-Hosltein) and we will hear each other. ^^

Sincerely yours

Christian Marxen

P.S .: This text was also translated using Google Translate. Therefore I feel very sorry for "formal errors". ^^

Libraraptor

Marxen 1986

Thank you very much for your notification, especially regarding the poster.

Unfortunately, this is exactly the wrong poster. ^^
What I'm looking for would be the one in which the Brachiosaurus runs through a gorge in the middle. It is really extremely rare. ... I hope that the "DeMarxo" can help me in this regard. Even if it is just an image file of the poster.

And yes, I noticed that too.
But what could also help would be to search "explicitly" for the whale on eBay, and not for Invicta Dinosaurs. ^^

Again I would like to thank everyone who wants to help me.

From January I will also be more and more active. ... But now we want to get 2020 behind us first. -.-

And since I have already noticed that there are some talented German among you, everything again in German. ^^

For the time being, I wish you all a peaceful celebration.

Ich danke dir Rechtherzlich für deine Benachrichtigung, vor allem in Bezug auf das Poster.

Leider ist genau dies, das falsche Poster. ^^
Welches ich suche, wäre jenes in dem der Brachiosaurus in der Mitte durch eine Schlucht läuft. Es ist wirklich enorm selten. ... Ich hoffe das mir der "DeMarxo" diesbezüglich helfen kann. Und wenn es eben nur eine Bild-Datei des Posters sei.

Und ja, das ist mir auch aufgefallen.
Was aber auch helfen könnte, wäre dann bei eBay auch "explizit" nach dem Wal zu suchen, und nicht nach Invicta Dinosaurs. ^^

Erneut bedanke ich mich rechtherzlich bei allen die mir helfen wollen.

Ab Januar werde ich mich auch verstärkt, aktiver beteiligen. ... Jetzt wollen wir aber erstmal 2020 hinter uns bringen. -.-

Und da ich bereits gemerkt habe, das doch einige deutsch Begabte unter euch sind, alles noch mal in Deutsch. ^^

Ich wünsche euch allen vorerst ein besinnliches Fest.

Libraraptor

Yes, avatar_Marxen 1986 @Marxen 1986 , I know I was talking about the "wrong" poster, but hopefully the poster you are looking for can be found following one of these traces somehow.

Marxen 1986

Wallnut

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.