News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Museum scene in 1/24th scale

Started by modelnut, April 26, 2020, 01:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

I blame Pegasus Hobbies and their damned short 1/24th scale prehistoric line. I don't think I would have caught this obsession without them.

Anyway, little by little I am assembling pieces for a museum in 1/24th scale. Here is my first bit of diorama, a family viewing two of the most famous skulls in American Paleontology. I am already putting out feelers for more "exhibits".

The parents are 1/24th scale figures from American Diorama. The kids are Preiser G scale I found on eBay. The skulls are from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bob-s-3d-stall
The displays are two wooden disks from Walmart's craft section glued together. The supports are bits of coat hanger wire. The skulls are painted in Vallejo Game Air acrylics

- Leelan

Lanthanotus

Woah, looks amazing. In fact I first thought the images showed CG models. Very well executed, am curious about the final museum.

Justin_

You need a guard coming to tell the girl not to touch.

Quote from: modelnut on April 26, 2020, 01:24:30 AM
I am already putting out feelers for more "exhibits".
A "Night At The Museum"-style scene where the exhibits come to life.

Smilodon P.

I was doing something similar, but on 1/6th. (I even planned to include myself in the diorama, but my first attempt to scan my face had a lower than expected result). :P

But in your work, I can even feel the vibes of a real museum.

Good job and keep going with this level of quality.

modelnut

Libraraptor

modelnut

Dinoreplicas

Excellent work. As I mentioned in your Deviantart gallery it's great to see my models painted and displayed this well.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I Really like the Idea. Also, your Photos are well done.

indohyus

Dare say Kaiyodo will help for getting exhibits. Some like Dunkleosteus would work well.

ceratopsian

I have just caught up with this.  It's a splendid idea and looks really good.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.