News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Natuurhistorisch Museum, Maastricht

Started by Libraraptor, October 24, 2019, 07:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I had a great morning at the Maastricht Museum of Natural History in the Netherlands. As soon as I am home and have a real keyboard, I will publish a little essay about my visit. For now, some pictures without comment may awaken your curiousity.

suspsy

How big is that Mosasaurus mount anyway? I've seen images of it before, but do you happen to have any photos of yourself alongside it?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

These photos are a good appetizer; looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Looks like a neat place, can't wait to see more!  :)

Libraraptor

Sorry for my laziness,  I have lots of other things to do at the moment.  Stand by.

Libraraptor

I realized that from this visit there were only  two pictures left , so here's the additions:

A ballroom with some stuffed animals:

And this prehistoric turtle:

Nanuqsaurus

Great pictures! :D I remember going there once when I was a kid, and in my memory the Mosasaurus was huge! Or maybe I was just a lot smaller back then :P Seeing these pictures bring back some memories! I would love to go there again, but sadly Maastricht is at the exact opposite side of the country for me.

By the way, there's a very minor typo in your title, it's ''Natuurhistorisch'' in Dutch, with two u's. Not that it matters much, as I think it's clear to everyone what it's supposed to mean! :D

Libraraptor

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on August 08, 2020, 04:23:03 PM
Great pictures! :D I remember going there once when I was a kid, and in my memory the Mosasaurus was huge! Or maybe I was just a lot smaller back then :P Seeing these pictures bring back some memories! I would love to go there again, but sadly Maastricht is at the exact opposite side of the country for me.

By the way, there's a very minor typo in your title, it's ''Natuurhistorisch'' in Dutch, with two u's. Not that it matters much, as I think it's clear to everyone what it's supposed to mean! :D

For I canĀ“t stand typos, I immediately changed it, thanks for the hint! And glad the pictures bring back some memories.  ^-^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.