News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:40 scale dinosaurs

Started by The Spinosaurus, May 28, 2022, 11:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Spinosaurus

Does anyone know the most accurate 1:40 dinosaurs? Kayakasaurus seems to be my best bet right now.

Bread

Eofauna's Diplodocus and Atlasaurus are pretty good, although I've heard some people say the Atlasaurus could be 1/35 to 1/40 scale range.

Some CollectA 1/40 scale models, but some are inaccurate in the scale department.

I recommend checking out avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres or L @Leyster collection threads for scale calculations. Another would be the dinosaur toy blog. Read some reviews, they provide scales of each model, some may vary.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Battat dinosaurs were all marketed as 1/40, and despite their age, many of them are still the most accurate toy representatives of their species.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

The Spinosaurus

Halichoeres

Thanks for the shoutout, Bread! avatar_The Spinosaurus @The Spinosaurus as for your other question, to the best of my knowledge, there has never been a Shaochilong as a toy, although it's possible that there have been resin models or kits. The first page of my thread has what I believe is a complete list of all genera that have been made into toys.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.