You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hulu ANIMANIACS--JURASSIC PARK parody

Started by dragon53, October 12, 2020, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Smilodon P.

I watched this series as a teenager. I loved how they interacted with various actors and characters from famous films in the cartoon. (As well as the adult dynamics of certain stories, such as when "Pinky and the Brain" take a job to simulate an accident at work and are almost accused of sexual harassment).   :))

stargatedalek

I was never a huge fan of Animaniacs, but Pinky and the Brain is something I've always enjoyed. So I'll have to check these out when they release.

Sarapaurolophus

"Clean, vectored outlines" - that's exactly what I dislike about them ;)
But that clip made me chuckle. I loved Animaniacs as a child, so I guess they got my attention.

But the one 90s show I truly wish would get a reboot is The Critic.

Dinoxels

That is still one of my favorite JP parodies, probably because it kind of references the novels.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halichoeres

I loved this show as a kid, but apart from some of the songs being pretty clever I find it doesn't hold up well now. This trailer has all the ingredients of a good parody, on paper, but it didn't even elicit a sharp exhalation of breath through my nostrils.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 14, 2020, 09:08:08 PM
I loved this show as a kid, but apart from some of the songs being pretty clever I find it doesn't hold up well now.

The reboot news had me rewatch a couple of episodes and I gotta say it holds up really well for me personally. The only thing that never interested me was the weird Tex Avery-esque "whooooo!!!!!! A hot woman!" gags featuring the nurse and the furry nurse (I think she was a mink). These characters were just there to have male characters react to them like knuckledraggers and I am pleased to hear the reboot won't have them.

One segment I always loved was "good idea, bad idea", the "please please please get a life foundation" joke, and the Les Miserables parody that I only got to appreciate when I got older and knew who Sondheim was ^-^
There was also this one story about a piece of golden wrapping paper that was discarded and tossed in the trash but a poor family found it and turned it into a gift for their son. I cried my eyes out at this as a child and when I rewatched it it still really touched me. There was always some heart mixed into the episodes, it wasn't all slapstick or riffing on pop culture. That's what made it interesting.

Halichoeres

I'm glad too that the "Hello Nurse" gags won't be included.

I'd forgotten about that gold wrapper segment! I agree that "Good Idea/Bad Idea" was often clever, and I got a kick out of the kid with the brief random stories ("One time, Randy Beaman ate a bowl of cornflakes, only it wasn't cornflakes, it was his brother's scab collection.")

I've only watched a few episodes as an adult, but maybe I'll give 'em another shot.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 17, 2020, 02:28:09 PM
I've only watched a few episodes as an adult, but maybe I'll give 'em another shot.

I didn't try to convince you but some of it is better watched as an adult, imo. Such as the entire Marlon Brando Orson Welles schtick of The Brain. Didn't get it as a kid but now it really cracks me up.

Edit: I was thinking of the Goodfellas/feathers here for a hot second. Brain's voice actor did an Orson Welles impersonation and they also crafted some episodes around that.

HD-man

"Baloney and Kids" is still my favorite dino-related parody in Animaniacs: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6vifp7

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 17, 2020, 12:05:05 PMThe reboot news had me rewatch a couple of episodes and I gotta say it holds up really well for me personally. The only thing that never interested me was the weird Tex Avery-esque "whooooo!!!!!! A hot woman!" gags featuring the nurse and the furry nurse (I think she was a mink). These characters were just there to have male characters react to them like knuckledraggers and I am pleased to hear the reboot won't have them.

As a fan of Tex Avery-style humor (especially the Red Hot Riding Hood cartoons, which inspired the Minerva Mink shorts: http://www.totalshortfilms.com/ver/pelicula/245 ), I'm actually disappointed that the reboot won't have them.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/