You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your Dream Toy Line Based on Your Favourite Paleoartist(s)?

Started by suspsy, March 20, 2018, 03:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 24, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
Also, I don't know this artists name, but real busts of these would just be an absolute dream come true.

That artist is Gabriel Lio. I don't care for his work, but you might like the Geoworld Troodon, which is based on Lio's drawing. Although, that was not a collaboration, merely plagiarism.

tanystropheus

Minmiminime

Ooh...James Gurney and Brian Engh would have to be in there, they have very different styles but are both spectacular. They both really bring their subjects to life. Franz Anthony, Henry Sharpe and Jonathan Kuo all produce stunning work too, though I suppose as the latter has involvement in the BOTM line i can't really include him
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Loon

^Totally agree, Gurney's art would make for some beautiful figures. Also, I would definitely dig a series inspired by Ely Kish's art. It would be bizarre, but really something to look at given her style.

Reptilia

His works are a little old, outdated, and not really for everyone, but I honestly love Todd Marshall's Paleo Art. To see figures made with either his style or his colour choices would be an absolute dream of mine.

A couple of Papo dinos (Allosaurus and Baryonyx) are heavily influenced by Todd Marshall's work.

Also, I don't know this artists name, but real busts of these would just be an absolute dream come true.

Something fairly similar is already done by Alexander Belov, check at Urzeitshop:

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/custom-made-models/3176-allosaurus-dinosaur-head-model.html
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/custom-made-models/3172-dilophosaurus-dinosaur-head-model.html
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/custom-made-models/3174-spinosaurus-dinosaur-head-model.html
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/custom-made-models/3177-t-rex-dinosaur-head-model.html

Quote from: Loon on March 25, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
^Totally agree, Gurney's art would make for some beautiful figures. Also, I would definitely dig a series inspired by Ely Kish's art. It would be bizarre, but really something to look at given her style.

The latest Schleich Tyrannosaurus is based on a Kish's painting.

Halichoeres

Maybe you already know this, but the Safari Dinosaurs of China series (Mamenchisaurus, Therizinosaurus, and Yangchuanosaurus) was actually sculpted by Kish herself.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe latest Schleich Tyrannosaurus is based on a Kish's painting.

I recognised that T. rex from somewhere, but could not place it.

DragonRider02

To be honest I would like to have toy dinosaurs based on my own drawings

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 25, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

This image in particular, I would say.

Reptilia

I was actually thinking to the painting Gwangi posted above when I said the Schleich Tyrannosaurus is inspired by Ely Kish's work. But then again, the image that tyrantqueen provided is identical to the Schleich model, so no doubt they took that one as reference. Is it by Ely Kish though? I can't find it if I search for "Ely Kish Tyrannosaurus", "Ely Kish dinosaurs" or "Ely Kish paleoart". It doesn't look much like her style to me.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 25, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

Wow! Thank you for the picture  :)

All this time, I thought Schleich made some really weird humanoid looking T-rex. Now, I have more respect for Schleich's ability to reproduce artistic depictions. A few years ago, they've made a Giganoto that was inspired by Dorling Kindersley (DK).

Reptilia

You mean this? Imagine if Papo would use the same reference...  >:D

suspsy

To my knowledge, the only T. rex Kish ever painted is this one:

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.