News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yell - new for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, May 31, 2021, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yell is a Japanese maker of capsule figures (gashapon). They've made some dinosaur-themed novelties before, but as far as I know this is their first set of full figures. Based on these, I think they should change their name to "Yawn." My favorite part is that all the ones with bases have the same base.

Brachiosaurus
Pteranodon
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tylosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptor

Also new this year, and more in line with their past offerings:

2× Brachiosaurus
Pteranodon
Triceratops
2× Tyrannosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

lol i suppose they are marketed for small kids. as for collectors, they would just be a waste of shelf space.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

austrosaurus

Not very inspiring in terms of design or species choice.

CityRaptor

Meh, all of those have far superior figures out there. Very standard choice of species, wonky proportions, scientifically outdated, boring paintjobs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

Another dose of hilarity from Yell:

11 of these look like straightforward ripoffs of the Safari Dino Skulls Toob. But then that Styracosaurus blends right in with its expert, anatomically accurate sculpt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 27, 2021, 08:04:00 PM
Another dose of hilarity from Yell:

11 of these look like straightforward ripoffs of the Safari Dino Skulls Toob. But then that Styracosaurus blends right in with its expert, anatomically accurate sculpt.

Ye gods.  :o
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

It looks like it could be the skull of one of those cheapasaur ceratopsians out there. Safe to say the rest of those are bootlegs of the Safari Ltd ones though, with the possible exception of that peculiar one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Nice... Frankenraptor...

I will say, for Jurassic Park collectors, that red rex is pretty sweet...

MLMjp

Quote from: Over9K on July 28, 2021, 12:34:18 AM
Nice... Frankenraptor...

I will say, for Jurassic Park collectors, that red rex is pretty sweet...
Meh...I would rather commission a repaint of a Mattel T.rex before getting that one.

CityRaptor

I would unironically buy Schleich's Red T.rex over that one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.