You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Canada-China Dinosaur Project World Tour (1993)

Started by grantharding, July 09, 2021, 02:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grantharding

I just dug up the photos my family and I took at the Dinosaur World Tour exhibit (also called The Greatest Show Unearthed) that resulted from the Canada-China Dinosaur Project. We saw it at Ontario Place in Toronto in 1993. There are very few photos of this exhibit online!

Ornithomimid and baby Hypacrosaurus(this one is a postcard):

Psittacosaurus:

The type specimen of the troodontid Sinornithoides, fossilized in birdlike sleeping position:

"Black Beauty" the T. rex (nowadays on display at the Tyrrell Museum):

Dsungaripterus:

Baby Bellusaurus:

Albertosaurus sculpture by Brian Cooley:

SidB

Fascinating pictures. I wish that I'd been into dinosaurs at that time in my life, as this event occurred practically on my doorstep. I'd be interested in seeing whatever other memories that you have to share.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. That exhibition must have been magnificent, it is a pity that my nation did not make that exhibition of Asian dinosaurs so cool. I would like to see a dsungaripterus (skeleton is understood) in person.

Halichoeres

Very cool blast from the past. Thanks for sharing these photos!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.