News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Hobby Land, Osaka Japan

Started by ITdactyl, June 26, 2021, 09:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Kaiyodo Hobby Land and Children's Lobby opened today. While not strictly a dinosaur exhibit, a lot of the dino figures (as well as some of the prototypes) that were produced by Kaiyodo are on display.

This is located at the 3rd floor of the Izumiya Kadoma store in Shinbashi-cho, Kadoma City, Osaka Japan.

I wonder if you can get older Kaiyodo dinosaurs here? The store seems to have some of the newer Capsule Q collections.  One can hope... ;D

https://www.lmaga.jp/news/2021/06/286514/
https://moriguchikadoma.goguynet.jp/2021/06/25/kaiyodohobbyland/?fbclid=IwAR2jYA2pKMoTF0CF7oKKMy3rI06HL5G_V5NnHauRadMCqMVmcrSwFFqtzF8

Crackington

Nice pictures, thanks for as sharing.

I love that tree of life display they've done. What a great idea, might be something we can all pinch!

ITdactyl

'Wish those were pictures from my visit... alas, no.

The first photo is a screen grab from a visitor's tour (the only shot I found that clearly showed kaiyodo dinosaurs).
The other 3 photos are promo shots provided for the press.

Halichoeres

That's really cool, thanks for posting. I notice that many of the organisms on that tree of life are ones that Kaiyodo has never made into figures, at least not for the mass market. If only they'd rectify that!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.