You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Patrx's Collection (Fauna Prehistorica)

Started by Patrx, April 04, 2012, 12:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Thanks everybody! Now that I'm back into the swing of things in terms of collecting, I have a few more dinosaurs on the way, too :D

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Even though I'm late, I'm so glad you got those figures, the baryonyx and daspletosaurus from Safari are their best figures of 2021 by far and the triceratops from Eofauna is a wonderful figure. My congratulations.

Patrx

"Tiantaisaurus sifengensis" by Vitae

Though I'm not usually keen on collecting informally-named dinosaurs, I couldn't help but pick up this mid-Cretaceous Chinese therizinosaur, partly because of its elegant plumage. The base is nice, too. But, while the idea of holding the animal to the base using magnets is clever, the magnets aren't particularly strong, so the poor thing occasionally does fall down. Fortunately, while the sharp detail makes it look like a polystone piece, this figure is PVC, so it's fairly resilient. "Tiantaisaurus" is pretty fragmentary and has never been published, so it's hard to assess the accuracy here. It certainly looks like a therizinosaur. Did therizinosaurs have plumaceous feathers on their arms? The answer is a resounding "maybe."

Giganotosaurus carolinii by Safari Ltd.

I received this one as a gift, and I gotta say I kinda love it. Giant allosauroids aren't my favorite dinosaurs, so I hadn't yet picked up any Giganotosaurus figures yet. I don't hear folks discussing this one very often, but I really dig the base and tiger-like stripes. No lips, unfortunately, and the claws on the forelimbs could stand to be sharper.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the Vitae tiantaiosaurus is a well-finished figure and when I bought these figures with a base and without a base respectively, they had no sustainability problems but after months it did not remain fully upright except for the figures with a magnet. That's one of the reasons I like fixed base theropods like that beautiful giganotosaurus from Safari.

Leyster

The Vitae Tiantaiosaurus is probably the best therizinosaurid figure at the present moment... just be careful because, despite the hard plastic, is prone to warping (I have two and bot warped)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Lovely acquisitions!

I had already decided that I wanted the Tiantaiosaurusl but your beautiful pics make me want it even more! Even among all the amazing figures from this year, this one strikes me as a must have. Easily the best therizinosaur on the market right now, at least that comes to my mind. So you think therizinosaurs wouldn't have secondary feathers?

The Safari Giganotosaurus is nice as well, though I feel it's often overshadowed by Eofauna's version.

Stegotyranno420

I too also used to like the WS Giganotosaurus. Very underated. I remember being it's biggest fan on my early days here.

Gwangi

If I ever decide to get another Giganotosaurus it'll probably be the Safari one. For the time being I'm pretty content with the Carnegie Giganotosaurus.

suspsy

I have never felt any inclination to replace my Carnegie version. I think think it's the best Giganotosaurus toy to date. It stands without any issue, it's overall accurate, it's got nice colours, and it looks ferocious. All I need.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on June 09, 2021, 07:47:41 PM
If I ever decide to get another Giganotosaurus it'll probably be the Safari one. For the time being I'm pretty content with the Carnegie Giganotosaurus.
They display quite well together, I find. One criticism of the Safari, when it came out, compared to the Carnegie, was the relatively more pallid coloration, but they're close enough. The two different poses are an asset.

MLMjp

I like the Safari Giganotosaurus a lot despite its outdated skull. It´s unique coloration makes it stand out from the rest of my collection. The only thing that it would made me replace it would be a more accurate figure with a coloration as good or better, which I dont think will happen soon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.