You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Jurassic Park - The Ultimate Visual History" Art Book

Started by Giganotosaurus, February 01, 2021, 06:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

https://www.collectjurassic.com/020121-2/

QuoteWelcome to Jurassic Park!

Discover the cinematic evolution of the Jurassic Park trilogy, with this deluxe book celebrating the saga's massive impact on pop culture.

Director Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park unleashed an island of awe-inspiring dinosaurs, captivating audiences worldwide. Grossing over $900 million worldwide, the film ushered in a whole new age of digital visual effects and would go on to enthrall generations of moviegoers.

The most comprehensive book about the Jurassic Park trilogy to date, Jurassic Park: The Ultimate Visual History begins with an in-depth account of the making of Spielberg's original film, including rare and never-before-seen imagery and exclusive interviews with key creatives. Readers will then unearth the full history of the trilogy, from The Lost World: Jurassic Park to Jurassic Park III, through unprecedented access to the creative process behind the films. Fans will also find a fascinating look at the wider world of the saga, including video games, toys, comics, and more, exploring the lasting legacy of the movies and their influence on pop culture.

Jurassic Park: The Ultimate Visual History will be the last word on the most epic saga in movie history—the definitive behind-the-scenes book that fans have been waiting for.

I am super excited!! Don't forget that an art book for the Jurassic World films will come out next year also!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

mgaguilar

They need to release some sample pages. Absolutely hyped.
Hope we get more exclusive prototype sketches. Far too many of these books rely on movie snapshots.

Faelrin

I'm hoping for more production pics, though Stan Winston's various media accounts are practically a goldmine when it comes to that already. I might wait until there are some reviews out for it first.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sarapaurolophus

Oh, that's going on my wishlist for sure! Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on February 01, 2021, 06:23:39 PM
Don't forget that an art book for the Jurassic World films will come out next year also!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on February 02, 2021, 10:26:15 AM

Don't forget that an art book for the Jurassic World films will come out next year also!

FR lmao
Most of the concept are for those films uses stock papo models and stolen assets
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

You mean the company whose Dinosaurs are for the most part a rip-off of the JP designs anyways? Besides that, what stolen assets?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reuben03

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 20, 2021, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on February 02, 2021, 10:26:15 AM

FR lmao
Most of the concept are for those films uses stock papo models and stolen assets

so true haha

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

GojiraGuy1954

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jurassic-World-Ultimate-Visual-History/dp/1647223644/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jurassic+world+the+ultimate+visual+history&qid=1634761912&qsid=262-5781352-5831444&sr=8-1&sres=1647223644%2C1913484114%2C0063073048%2C1683834372%2C1858758548%2C1785654357%2C1108469299%2C1683690443%2C024136440X%2C140938344X%2C1642502057%2C1783299665%2CB08N3MYNN7%2C0307291847%2C1783299703%2C1786033283&srpt=ABIS_BOOK
"The park is open! Celebrate one of the most thrilling movie sagas of all time with this in-depth look at the making of the Jurassic World trilogy.
Following the release of director Colin Trevorrow's smash hit Jurassic World in 2015, the dinosaurs of Isla Nublar once again dominate the public imagination.
Jurassic World: The Ultimate Visual History delivers a comprehensive look at the making of the first hit film, as well as its thrilling sequels Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World: Dominion. Through rare and never-before-seen imagery and exclusive interviews with key creatives, this deluxe volume explores the entire creative process, from the films' stunning dinosaur designs to the epic location shoots and the creation of the films' incredible visual effects.
Fans will also discover a fascinating look at the wider world of the saga, including the Netflix animated series Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, video games, toys, comics, theme park attractions, and more.

Unearth the story behind the making of the Jurassic World trilogy with this definitive collector's book, a must-have for fans of the action-packed saga."

Camp Cretaceous and Mattel concept art just convinced me to get this thing.

Reuben03

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 21, 2021, 05:15:41 PM

wow, now i want it too ngl

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

dinodamage

I have a folder on my desktop containing every single production image and concept art I could possibly find, so I wonder if I'll see anything new in this book. I guess it'll come down to presentation if that's the case, it'd be fun as a coffee table book if it looks nice. So far the previews don't do much for me, but I'm cautiously optimistic!

Quote from: Reuben03 on October 21, 2021, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 21, 2021, 05:15:41 PM

wow, now i want it too ngl
HUH..... in an unexpected turn of events, this is now more tempting

Giganotosaurus

Angurius on TohoKingdom

CityRaptor

Nope. The one  for it on Amazon.de also has changed from pre-order, to not in stock to this:
https://www.amazon.de/Jurassic-Park-Ultimate-Visual-History/dp/168383545X/

Make me wonder if the book was cancelled.
Oh no

triceratops83

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2021, 03:54:18 PM
Make me wonder if the book was cancelled.

I've ordered mine from The Nile on Ebay, who apparently have it in stock in Sydney. I should have it by the start of December.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Giganotosaurus

Mine just came in from Amazon! It's a big book, much bigger than I expected! I'm really impressed with the book, only wish there was concept art for dinosaurs that didn't make the cut into the movies. (Like Baryonyx for JP3)
Angurius on TohoKingdom

GojiraGuy1954

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.