News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur - new for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, April 28, 2022, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Recur recently announced four new boxed sets of what seem to be PVC rather than soft vinyl figures.

Set 1: Majungasaurus, Scutosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus
Set 2: Callovosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Irritator, Teratophoneus
Set 3: Alioramus, Cryolophosaurus, Sinoceratops, Velociraptor
Set 4: Edmontosaurus, Ichthyovenator, Postosuchus, Rugops
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Lots of interesting species choices! Too bad Recur sculpts are more often misses than hits. These new figures really reminds me of CollectA's "Procon" days, incredibly exciting species paired with subpar sculpts.

More detailed pictures being posted by Recur:
Tyrannosaurus

Triceratops & Sinoceratops

Irritator

Icthyovenator

Mattyonyx

Even though they are pretty inaccurate on many levels, there's something that makes them look more pleasant than Recur's usual offerings. That said, I still hope they make something like Sinosaurus too, it's a great model.

GiganotosaurusFan

Sorry, but they seem cruder than the normal vinyl ones? Smaller size would justify that.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Halichoeres

Thanks for those photos, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. I'm eager to see closer photos of the Callovosaurus (it's a fragmentary genus but smaller ornithopods are made so rarely I don't much care) and Postosuchus (might have roughly correct leg proportions?).

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on April 29, 2022, 03:28:26 AM
Sorry, but they seem cruder than the normal vinyl ones? Smaller size would justify that.
They have less surface detail than the larger vinyl figures, which as you say is probably due to the size difference, but they seem to be much better proportioned. Their vinyl models are really cartoonish in that respect.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Flaffy

Irritator, Callovosaurus, Teratophoneus, Carcharodontosaurus

Strepsodus

Halichoeres

Quote from: Strepsodus on May 09, 2022, 11:45:21 PM
Is avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres getting any of these?

Not sure yet. There's a shortage of small ornithopods, so I'm leaning toward 'yes' on the Callovosaurus, although it looks pretty generic. It's hard to be sure how big they are, but the Teratophoneus looks like it will be too small and anyway there's the BotM one coming next year. Some of the others I'll have to see closer photos of first. And of course, as with the Sinosaurus, there's no guarantee they'll be distributed here in the States.

Halichoeres

A closer photo of set 3:

It's a half-decent Alioramus, maybe the nicest one that isn't called Qianzhousaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

Lol I love how the Cryo is a blatant Schleich ripoff but ends up much superior than the official product
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece