News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DinoZoo Collectibles Figures Proyect

Started by Doctor Velociraptor, September 16, 2021, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Hmm so D @Doctor Velociraptor said that large figure he mentioned would be a dinosaur starting with S that had few figures... and now on Paleofiguras group sculptor Christopher Chávez posted a WIP of a Saurophaganax  ::)

I don't know if this is a coincidence, but I would certainly like it. I have always wanted a Saurophaganax, even if the most likely thing is that it's simply a big Allosaurus. As an Allosaurus it would beat PNSO's in that this one will have the enlarged claw typical of Allosaurus (confirmed by the sculptor, I asked him) and lips. Though granted, I would prefer a Suchomimus (and I think most people would as well, it certainly deserves a figure much more than Saurophaganax, my love for it is biased and irrational because Allosaurus is my favorite dinosaur). It would also go well with the Kaatedocus, both from the Morrison formation.

D @Doctor Velociraptor Please, share with us the DinoZoo website when it's ready.

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Concavenator on May 03, 2022, 11:33:42 PM
Hmm so D @Doctor Velociraptor said that large figure he mentioned would be a dinosaur starting with S that had few figures... and now on Paleofiguras group sculptor Christopher Chávez posted a WIP of a Saurophaganax  ::)

I don't know if this is a coincidence, but I would certainly like it. I have always wanted a Saurophaganax, even if the most likely thing is that it's simply a big Allosaurus. As an Allosaurus it would beat PNSO's in that this one will have the enlarged claw typical of Allosaurus (confirmed by the sculptor, I asked him) and lips. Though granted, I would prefer a Suchomimus (and I think most people would as well, it certainly deserves a figure much more than Saurophaganax, my love for it is biased and irrational because Allosaurus is my favorite dinosaur). It would also go well with the Kaatedocus, both from the Morrison formation.

D @Doctor Velociraptor Please, share with us the DinoZoo website when it's ready.

Hello! Oh yes! The new figure is Saurophaganax :D

It will be a very precise figure and you are seeing all the possible material.

DinoZoo page is under construction

We're 1/10 finished haha, there's a long way to go to finish the page.

https://dinozoo.cl/#

Renecito

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on May 04, 2022, 02:05:40 AM

I won't lie I am a little dissapointed, sorry, but congrats for another figure. I'll keep waiting for CollectA o Vitae to release a Suchomimus.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SenSx

I would also love a buffed up Orkoraptor for making a  Maip Macrothorax.

Concavenator

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on May 04, 2022, 02:05:40 AM

Saurophaganax...interesting! As I said I always wanted one (I'm sure some more people as well), though I never really expected anyone to make a figure of it. But it's been gaining popularity it seems. Still, it's likely it was simply a big Allosaurus.

D @Doctor Velociraptor the website is looking mighty fine for the moment! I'm sure it will look great when finished.

Faelrin

D @Doctor Velociraptor I'm glad to see figures can be purchased and made on request. I couldn't jump in on the beautiful little Stegouros earlier, and it will have to wait until after I move here soon. So maybe a little later in the year like in July or so. Although I also share avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator 's question about if painted ones will be available too. I'm also excited to see you are doing a Saurophaganax. I'm curious to see what that will look like when finished.

I think the website is coming along quite nicely too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Ah, I would have guessed Sarmientosaurus! But I guess that would need to be bigger than 30 cm.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

According to their Instagram, some of their painted Stegouros will be shipped on Monday.
On another note, their Orkoraptor has been updated and it's now feathered.

Concavenator

Paleofiguras has posted pics of the WIP Orkoraptor (I guess DinoZoo simply send the pics to them? They didn't post them on their social media). It's looking very nice. Interested in knowing about its future availability (and well, for the rest of the line).

D @Doctor Velociraptor any news on this?

Flaffy

Details on the face feel a bit soft, but that could also be due to the poor image quality.

Flaffy

They also teased a Chilesaurus 5 weeks ago. I wonder if there's any progress on that.

"Chilesaurus diegosuarezi

One of the most accurate models on the market coming soon...
Advised by David Rubilar (Head of Paleontology in Chile) for the 3d model made by:

PS: There are still some details to correct.

Regards

-DinoZoo Team_"

Concavenator

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy The Chilesaurus is listed in the "figures" section on their page:

https://dinozoo.cl/figuras/

So I think it's intended to be released as a finished figure.

Still interested in learning if will it be possible to actually order the figures at any time like they said it would...

And it's a treat to see, not only a megaraptorid, but one that's so nice. And of course looking forward to seeing their upcoming Saurophaganax.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2022, 02:10:35 AMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy The Chilesaurus is listed in the "figures" section on their page:

Still interested in learning if will it be possible to actually order the figures at any time like they said it would...

And it's a treat to see, not only a megaraptorid, but one that's so nice. And of course looking forward to seeing their upcoming Saurophaganax.

I do hope that these smaller species will be released in a larger scale with paint. 1:35 is a bit too small to be able to display the intricate sculpted detail on this digital models IMO.

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on May 20, 2022, 02:34:10 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2022, 02:10:35 AMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy The Chilesaurus is listed in the "figures" section on their page:

I do hope that these smaller species will be released in a larger scale with paint. 1:35 is a bit too small to be able to display the intricate sculpted detail on this digital models IMO.

For what it's worth, they said a few months ago they were intending to release the Stegouros at 1:8 scale. Maybe they dropped this idea? On another hand, I also saw suggestions for a 1:18 scale version (which is probably a better option as it wouldn't be too big and it would cost less to produce, plus it would be in scale with the BotM ceratopsians and tyrannosaurs).

On their Instagram page, they also said a while ago they would be releasing a Skorpiovenator and a Leallynasaura. I wonder if they also dropped them...

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2022, 01:04:04 AMPaleofiguras has posted pics of the WIP Orkoraptor (I guess DinoZoo simply send the pics to them? They didn't post them on their social media). It's looking very nice. Interested in knowing about its future availability (and well, for the rest of the line).

Hello! These photos were exclusive for Paleo Figuras, next week the final product of the Orkoraptor with feathers will be revealed with a better image quality

Concavenator

Quote from: Doctor Velociraptor on May 21, 2022, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2022, 01:04:04 AMPaleofiguras has posted pics of the WIP Orkoraptor (I guess DinoZoo simply send the pics to them? They didn't post them on their social media). It's looking very nice. Interested in knowing about its future availability (and well, for the rest of the line).

Hello! These photos were exclusive for Paleo Figuras, next week the final product of the Orkoraptor with feathers will be revealed with a better image quality
Looking forward to seeing it! I meant if there are news regarding the availability of the figures (if they can be ordered at any time), because according to the site it looks like it won't be the case.

Doctor Velociraptor

Quote from: Flaffy on May 20, 2022, 01:44:00 AMThey also teased a Chilesaurus 5 weeks ago. I wonder if there's any progress on that.

"Chilesaurus diegosuarezi

One of the most accurate models on the market coming soon...
Advised by David Rubilar (Head of Paleontology in Chile) for the 3d model made by:

PS: There are still some details to correct.

Regards

-DinoZoo Team_"

We're working on that Chilesaurus! Ah, the impressions have been somewhat complicated, but in June we will have more advances :)
And yes, it will come out painted at 1:35 scale

Faelrin

That Chilesaurus is a wonderful surprise. Looks to be the best on the market soon enough.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

blnadal

Paleofiguras
#DinoZoo Tyrannosaurus rex de #PrehistoricPlanet
Avances del modelado 3D.

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/ZitovMortdk
2022 Dinozoo 1:35 scale Stegouros review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: