News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Delaware Museum of Natural History

Started by radman, November 29, 2012, 01:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

T. rex skull with the original Radman:

More pix to follow!

SBell

The Simpsons are going to Delaware!

Any opportunity to quote the Simpsons, really.

Jetoar

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 02:12:28 AM

I have been thinking the same that you jajajajaja  ;D.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Joel

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 02:12:28 AM

The Simpsons are going to Mars! So pack your... or maybe I'll think of something else.

Wasn't that skull on ebay at some point? What's the story behind it, because those teeth look nothing like Tyrannosaurus teeth ???

radman

Kiddies with an Argentinasaurus vertabra.

We were actually lucky to get to the museum at all, as they really wanted to go into Wilmington and visit a screen door factory, but I overruled. ;)

radman

Gryphoceratops

I personally know the artist who sculpted those dinosaurs of china models!  He works at my old college and helped me out a lot when I was an undergrad! 

http://jerseyboyhuntsdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/08/interview-with-scientistartist-bruce-j.html

Himmapaan

Takama

That isent grass in the Background is it?

ihatefeathers144

radman

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 29, 2012, 02:04:21 PM
I personally know the artist who sculpted those dinosaurs of china models!  He works at my old college and helped me out a lot when I was an undergrad! 

http://jerseyboyhuntsdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/08/interview-with-scientistartist-bruce-j.html

Hey Griff, thanks for this great link for the guy who built this dio and maybe some of the other exhibits as well.  The dio is housed in the bird wing of the museum  ;D, and features a lifesize skeletal Allosaurus facing off against Stegosaurus, in the center of the hall.  All about are cool lifesize bird dios from around the world.  Looking through my photos, I found this shot of Archaeopteryx, which appears to be the one that Bruce made:

Fascinating to see how it was made, and the final product.

Jetoar

Thanks for share friend. The diorama is amazing and very cool. I woul like to do a similar diorama from my home one day  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: radman on November 29, 2012, 07:54:24 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 29, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Hey Griff, thanks for this great link for the guy who built this dio and maybe some of the other exhibits as well.  The dio is housed in the bird wing of the museum  ;D, and features a lifesize skeletal Allosaurus facing off against Stegosaurus, in the center of the hall.  All about are cool lifesize bird dios from around the world.  Looking through my photos, I found this shot of Archaeopteryx, which appears to be the one that Bruce made:

Fascinating to see how it was made, and the final product.

That looks to be it!  BTW The 2D image in the background of the China dio and the arcaheopteryx image were made by Bob Walters and Tess Kissinger.  They are pretty famous paleo-artists who have been around for a long time (i have one of their calendars from the early 90s I think).  They and Bruce used to work together. 

Quote from: Takama on November 29, 2012, 06:08:55 PM
That isent grass in the Background is it?

I think its ferns upon close examination. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.