News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari LTD Cryolophosaurus, and it's disappearance

Started by Lynx, November 04, 2022, 02:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Safari LTD has seemingly wiped the Cryolophosaurus from the website, and in the newest email they sent out, don't even mention or show it in the 'new dinosaur releases'.

This is extremely odd, and I am wondering if they are trying to silently push it back to 2023, which is a bit of a cheap move. The page for it is gone, as is any actual trace of it.

Does anyone know if this is a mistake or something?
An oversized house cat.

SidB

avatar_Lynx @Lynx , that's of practical interest to me, seeing as I have an order at Dan's being held back waiting for this figure. If your observation holds true, then I'll have to get Dan to release my available stuff.

SpartanSquat

Maybe its a move like papo did with mosa and krono? Removed but released later? After all the release is going to be for 2023, weird the safari decision to reveal thing in the year. Im more a classic man that prefferd the reveals in the end of the year like collecta is doing now and papo.

Shane

It's not a "cheap move".

There was a production issue (these things happen sometimes). Unfortunately it was inadvertently admitted into the system, which led to it briefly showing up in stock on the site.

This was in error, so the page had to be pulled briefly so there wouldn't be orders that couldn't be fulfilled.

Safari is still expecting to have at least some Cryolophosaurus figures available before the end of the year, hopefully in November. But the full expected shipment may not arrive until 2023.

There's nothing nefarious about it, sometimes production issues occur, and in that case there's nothing to do but wait for it to be corrected.

Lynx

Quote from: Shane on November 04, 2022, 03:41:49 PMIt's not a "cheap move".

There was a production issue (these things happen sometimes). Unfortunately it was inadvertently admitted into the system, which led to it briefly showing up in stock on the site.

This was in error, so the page had to be pulled briefly so there wouldn't be orders that couldn't be fulfilled.

Safari is still expecting to have at least some Cryolophosaurus figures available before the end of the year, hopefully in November. But the full expected shipment may not arrive until 2023.

There's nothing nefarious about it, sometimes production issues occur, and in that case there's nothing to do but wait for it to be corrected.

Thank you for the clarification, it was not my intent to make it seem as if it were some scandalous move, just other companies have done it before, and because of a lack of notice as to what was actually happening previously, it is hard to tell what is happening at all.

Again, thank you for clarifying.
An oversized house cat.

ceratopsian

Faelrin

S @Shane Thanks for being transparent about this. And what you've said is definitely true. For example anyone following any of the previous BotM production process should know anything can happen to delay a figure, even as something simple like a paint app needing more work.

Makes sense to take it down to prevent further orders until it is actually available.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on November 04, 2022, 03:50:47 PMS @Shane Thanks for being transparent about this. And what you've said is definitely true. For example anyone following any of the previous BotM production process should know anything can happen to delay a figure, even as something simple like a paint app needing more work.

Makes sense to take it down to prevent further orders until it is actually available.

The page itself has been reinstated. It was never the intention to remove it from the site long term, but it needed to be removed briefly until the inventory could be set back to zero.

I've been checking the forum intermittently since this occurred to see if/when it would be brought up, I'm honestly surprised no one has said anything until today.

But like I said, there still should be (knock on wood) some Cryos available later this month if there are no further issues.

**EDIT** Just to get ahead of this - a very small amount of orders did go through before the issue was caught. In these cases, the orders were able to be fulfilled with hand-picked examples that did not feature production issues. Just in case any "I got my Cryo!" videos or posts show up in the near future.

Lynx

Quote from: Shane on November 04, 2022, 03:55:44 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 04, 2022, 03:50:47 PMS @Shane Thanks for being transparent about this. And what you've said is definitely true. For example anyone following any of the previous BotM production process should know anything can happen to delay a figure, even as something simple like a paint app needing more work.

The page itself has been reinstated. It was never the intention to remove it from the site long term, but it needed to be removed briefly until the inventory could be set back to zero.

I've been checking the forum intermittently since this occurred to see if/when it would be brought up, I'm honestly surprised no one has said anything until today.

But like I said, there still should be (knock on wood) some Cryos available later this month if there are no further issues.

I think it was mentioned sparsely in the 2022 safari thread.
An oversized house cat.

Shane

Quote from: Lynx on November 04, 2022, 04:01:33 PMI think it was mentioned sparsely in the 2022 safari thread.

You're right, I totally missed that.

I think I didn't see them because I had been logged out, and I didn't catch that until I tried to post something.

SpartanSquat

Faelrin

S @Shane Ah so it's back up now? I didn't see it earlier. In any case that's good to know.

Good to know there may be some supply before the year is over, although I'll probably wait until next year to get it. Got quite a bit on my wishlist I want to tackle still. I also typically like doing large hauls, so I may just wait for another sale after the holiday season to pick it up.

Also something I've been wondering, with 2023 approaching, will we get any new reveals before the year is over, or sometime next year? If you are allowed to give out that information right now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on November 04, 2022, 05:03:44 PMS @Shane Ah so it's back up now? I didn't see it earlier. In any case that's good to know.

Good to know there may be some supply before the year is over, although I'll probably wait until next year to get it. Got quite a bit on my wishlist I want to tackle still. I also typically like doing large hauls, so I may just wait for another sale after the holiday season to pick it up.

Also something I've been wondering, with 2023 approaching, will we get any new reveals before the year is over, or sometime next year? If you are allowed to give out that information right now.

I don't know for sure if anything will be revealed before the end of the year. I'd say as of right now it's unlikely, but you never know. Sorry I can't be more concrete than that.

Fembrogon

My thanks as well for the information, S @Shane; I trusted we'd see the Cryo again sometime soon, but the clarification on circumstances is greatly appreciated. I'll happily wait a little longer if it means guaranteeing a quality product.

Shane

Just a heads up, the small batch of corrected Cryolophosaurus figures did arrive in the warehouse and has been QC checked to ensure the issues have been fixed.

They should hopefully be available on the website within the next day or so.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on November 15, 2022, 07:36:08 PMJust a heads up, the small batch of corrected Cryolophosaurus figures did arrive in the warehouse and has been QC checked to ensure the issues have been fixed.

They should hopefully be available on the website within the next day or so.

Thanks. Unfortunately, Safari's site requires a $25 minimum and I recently exhausted all other Safari figures I need/want (recently bought a mustang and dinosaur to get the anaconda LOL)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.