News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Maybe they will do more creatures from the Morrison formation? Like brachiosaurus, apatosaurus, ceratosaurus, etc.
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

Apatosaurus would be very welcome, quite astonishing there isn't a single up-to-date figure of it considering it's one of the most famous dinosaurs. Even when I type it on my iPhone a sauropod emoji appears lol.

Quote from: Thialfi on August 30, 2022, 01:09:07 PMI don't want to start assuming too hastily, but one can hope, right? 👀

I was wondering if Prehistoric Planet could have influenced PNSO to release both Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus, then I remembered this...  ::)

What if one of their next figures is a Corythoraptor? Continuing the theme of creatures that appeared in the series and that belong to groups PNSO don't have represented yet...

Thialfi

avatar_Concavenator @5aurophaganax funny you say that, as it was my first thought as well upon the announcement of these two feathery friends. Who knows? It would be pretty great though to see more PP inspired releases.

Lynx

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 02, 2022, 10:17:32 PMApatosaurus would be very welcome, quite astonishing there isn't a single up-to-date figure of it considering it's one of the most famous dinosaurs. Even when I type it on my iPhone a sauropod emoji appears lol.

Quote from: Thialfi on August 30, 2022, 01:09:07 PMI don't want to start assuming too hastily, but one can hope, right? 👀

I was wondering if Prehistoric Planet could have influenced PNSO to release both Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus, then I remembered this...  ::)

What if one of their next figures is a Corythoraptor? Continuing the theme of creatures that appeared in the series and that belong to groups PNSO don't have represented yet...

The Deinocherius color scheme feels a little inspired, just a little..  :o
An oversized house cat.

Renecito

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 02, 2022, 10:17:32 PMApatosaurus would be very welcome, quite astonishing there isn't a single up-to-date figure of it considering it's one of the most famous dinosaurs. Even when I type it on my iPhone a sauropod emoji appears lol.

I think they follow trends and the release of the Therizinosaurus could be more influenced by the Jurassic World movie.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @5aurophaganax Don't play with my heart and get my hopes up like man, lol. I've been wanting a figure of Corythoraptor for years now. But well PNSO was the first one to deliver Lingwulong, another I wanted a while now, so perhaps it could be them too. Just hope if they are the ones to do it there would be an improvement over their older Gigantoraptor sculpt, and have corrected wing feathers (such as include the neglected primary feathers). That said it would also go great with the Qianzhousaurus they did back in early 2021 I think?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Any of the many oviraptorosaurs known from Asia would be welcome as far as I'm concerned. Corythoraptor is definitely one of the more distinctive ones, so that would be a good choice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Nemicolopterus re-release (or better yet a full sized figure in the regular line)

I didn't notice until now that pretty much all shops have sold out of the 2018 mini Nemicolopterus (even Taobao).
PNSO has re-released minis No.01-24 in new cardboard box packaging, so I hope that they'll do the same with No.25-48.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Flaffy on November 04, 2022, 03:21:18 PMNemicolopterus re-release (or better yet a full sized figure

So like, a Tapejara? ;)

(The mini is already 1:1 scale!)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halichoeres

If they make a larger Nemicolopterus, I'd like it to be a Sinopterus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Concavenator

It also would be nice if they released an ornithomimid (Deinocheirus is an ornithomimosaur, but not an ornithomimid). Gallimimus and Struthiomimus would be great choices, especially the former, since it lacks an accurate figure. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Gallimimus sometime soon, condidering they've released the Deinocheirus and the Therizinosaurus (again, don't know if this is a reference to Prehistoric Planet, to the Nemegt Formation, or both  ;D ).

Saurolophus and Saichania would be awesome too. As would Zhenyuanlong (!!!), Yi, Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura or Ouranosaurus.

Loon

God, a saurolophus would be so nice. Their Hadrosaurs are consistently great. Somewhat adjacent, I'd love to see them release and Ouranosaurus with the colors they used on the mini.

Halichoeres

A Gallimimus would be nice right about now if only to keep me from being tempted to buy Schleich's. Wouldn't mind an Ouranosaurus either, especially if it were a bit gaudy, but I think it would end up being mostly brown.

Fembrogon

I don't know about that; PNSO has been pretty good about keeping their ornithopods colorful.

Halichoeres

Hmm, good point, some of them have been pretty vibrant. There's hope yet!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.