You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Eofauna's figures are made of vinyl, which I believe is quite cheaper material compared to the pvc PNSO uses. That and the quality of the paintwork on Eofauna figures justify the price difference to me.

avatar_Bread @Bread to be honest I even prefer lipless Cameron over Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Duna

Quote from: SRF on December 03, 2023, 04:26:22 PMEofauna's figures are made of vinyl, which I believe is quite cheaper material compared to the pvc PNSO uses. That and the quality of the paintwork on Eofauna figures justify the price difference to me.

avatar_Bread @Bread to be honest I even prefer lipless Cameron over Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus.
Eofauna figures are made of PVC. http://www.eofauna.com/es/figures/konobelodon
And the paintwork in the Atlasaurus, diplodocus and mammals is as good or even better than some PNSO figures.

SidB

I proudly display my Eofaunas as top-of-the-line products with which the manufacture has taken exquisite care to make as precise and well as possible within the price constraints of their target audience. I feel the same way about the Safaris, perhaps at a half-notch below, consumer target in mind. Of course the PNSO's usually display a staggering  degree of qualitative input to justify their price, but that doesn't denigrate Eofauna and Safari as far as I'm concerned, so I'm happy to display them, with careful selection, alongside my PNSO and HLG products.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on December 03, 2023, 04:26:22 PMEofauna's figures are made of vinyl, which I believe is quite cheaper material compared to the pvc PNSO uses. That and the quality of the paintwork on Eofauna figures justify the price difference to me.

The next PNSO Tyrannosaurus Rex will probably be the best we've ever seen, it's going to be a lipped Wilson and it's going to be spectacular!  I was never going to buy Cameron, there are a few things I just didn't like about it and I'm not talking about the price. 

That said, this is the Eofauna thread and I'm pleasantly surprised with not just the very parent friendly price for this figure but that they managed to get such an intricate and cool looking paint scheme applied for that price.  IMO, it's the best figure based on "sue" that we've seen yet.  This one should be sold at the Field Museum in Chicago.  The folks at Eofauna definitely kept the little ones in mind when they figured out how to keep the costs down like this...they deserve a ton of credit for their fantastic efforts.  I'll be buying two of these to start, one for me and one as a gift, then I will probably buy a third one to play around with the paint scheme...I love PNSO figures and how they have evolved but it was Eofauna that showed everyone how to make "resin caliber" figures in plastic with their amazing Elephants...I will always be grateful to Eofauna for blazing that trail seven years ago... 

SidB

I share your enthusiasm for the new rex, avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS , and also agree with your assessment of their remarkable elephantine collective. Speaking of the latter, I guess that it's getting too late in the season to expect one to be revealed for this year, but here's hoping that we get one for 2024.

CarnotaurusKing

Looks like they took some design cues from the Papo Iguanodon. Still, it's not distracting here, and here's hoping it won't be an eyesore on the final model. Besides that, nothing to complain about. Looks like the best and most accurate rex (or imperator  ::) ) on the market.

More images here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=911250857673391&set=pcb.911252454339898&locale=en_GB

Over9K

I'm kind of impressed with how they executed the articulated jaw...

Bread

Yeah that jaw articulation is quite nice. I actually like this approach compared to other articulated jaws, although I definitely need to see how well it works in hand. There could be faults to it.

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on December 04, 2023, 10:56:06 AMLooks like the best and most accurate rex (or imperator  ::) ) on the market.
With the classification idea that this figure represents T. imperator, is that why it lacks the lacrimal crest above the eyes?

Personally, I wish Eofauna did not go this route.

Concavenator

Eofauna have confirmed on their social media the Tyrannosaurus is planned to come out early next year. So I've created an "Eofauna - New for 2024" thread, please, let's discuss about the Tyrannosaurus there.

Also, it's about time for a "New for 2024" folder, isn't it?

SRF

Quote from: Duna on December 03, 2023, 07:55:16 PM

And the paintwork in the Atlasaurus, diplodocus and mammals is as good or even better than some PNSO figures.

Dan's dinosaurs states that Eofauna figures are made of vinyl: https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/eofauna/

The only Eofauna figure I own myself is the dominant version of Triceratops sp. That one definitely has a different feel compared to other figures made of pvc, so I think it's quite plausible that at least some Eofauna figures are made of vinyl. 
But today, I'm just being father

Shane

Quote from: SRF on December 04, 2023, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: Duna on December 03, 2023, 07:55:16 PM

Dan's dinosaurs states that Eofauna figures are made of vinyl: https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/eofauna/

The only Eofauna figure I own myself is the dominant version of Triceratops sp. That one definitely has a different feel compared to other figures made of pvc, so I think it's quite plausible that at least some Eofauna figures are made of vinyl. 

To get technical, PVC is "vinyl", and almost anything marketed as "vinyl" is usually PVC. Polyvinyl Chloride is vinyl with additives to make it more durable and longer-lasting. The feel of the product is typically determined by how much of different additives are included, such as plasticizer to make it softer.

I have the Eofauna Triceratops, and it feels pretty much like PVC, but softer, so likely with a higher mix of plasticizer.

Carnoking

The darker coloration on the face really helps disguise the articulation, so that's a plus

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on December 04, 2023, 01:59:38 PMThe darker coloration on the face really helps disguise the articulation, so that's a plus

I was quite surprised by the articulation joint as well, I've not seen one like this on a dinosaur figure yet. Can't wait to see it in video reviews.

I too agree that this figure will likely do well for Eofauna, for which I am very glad.

Duna

Quote from: SRF on December 04, 2023, 12:59:15 PMDan's dinosaurs states that Eofauna figures are made of vinyl: https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/eofauna/ 
As you can read by the information provided by Eofauna themselves in their webpage, they are made of PVC. I don't know why DD says that, but technically PVC is Polyvinyl Chloride.

By the way, I love the articulation, that's so clever.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on December 04, 2023, 11:19:18 AMI'm kind of impressed with how they executed the articulated jaw...

same here, the engineering on this is superior to what we've seen before, the PNSO Wilson, Zhuchengtyrannus, and Cameron use this strange shroud-like upper lip that looks really goofy from certain angles, this Eofauna set up creates the illusion that the tissue is stretching when the dinosaur opens it's jaws and it does it in a clean tight package...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.