News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ibrahim teases “an exciting 2023” for Spinosaurus

Started by Concavenator, January 01, 2023, 11:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Remember this thread?

Well, quoted from Ibrahim's Twitter:

QuoteIs 2023 going to be an exciting year for Spinosaurus?
Yes. Stay tuned.

Here's the original tweet.

Here we go again.

suspsy

If it's actually more fossil material, I'll be excited. If it's just Ibrahim's rebuttal to Sereno and Henderson's paper, then it'll just be the same old seesaw routine.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Next year:
Is 2024 going to be an exciting year for Spinosaurus?
Yes. Stay tuned. For real.
And next one:
Is 2025 going to be an exciting year for Spinosaurus?
Yes. Stay tuned. For real, for real.

And they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming...

Please let it be something truly significant otherwise it is starting to feel like a show already.

Pliosaurking

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it could fly and breath fire...

Seriously though I wonder what it will be, something new or proving someone's else's theory is wrong... watch now it will be a swimmer  again...
And Also This is coming from someone who loves Spinosaurus.

EmperorDinobot

If there's an "exciting Spinosaurus" then there must be a "boring Spinosaurus", correct? If so, I am all for more information about the "boring Spinosaurus".

SpartanSquat

Spinosaurus news are like a generation of consoles, every new paper changes the creature. In the end the creature probably will look like the kaiju titanosaurus

Prehistory Resurrection

Video about the latest developments about Spinosaurus. Video credit: E.D.G.E Youtube Channel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let me know when we have a "mostly" full skeleton.. ;)

Concavenator

andrewsaurus rex

So, Spinosaurus was a large, bipedal, mostly terrestrial or at best wading animal, but with short rear legs.  Not a very efficient way to get around on land or wade for such a big dude.  And the big fin like tail was for display......the huge sail on its back wasn't enough of a display feature?

More research is needed...

Lynx

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on January 08, 2023, 10:36:42 PMSo, Spinosaurus was a large, bipedal, mostly terrestrial or at best wading animal, but with short rear legs.  Not a very efficient way to get around on land or wade for such a big dude.  And the big fin like tail was for display......the huge sail on its back wasn't enough of a display feature?

More research is needed...

Well, the truth is, we kind of don't know. Was it mostly terrestrial? Was it actually bipedal constantly? Did it wade? Nothing is certain at all, try as we might but until more material is found nothing is to be certain.
An oversized house cat.

andrewsaurus rex

I realize, but Sereno's assertion is that Spinosaurus was bipedal, because in 2014 he says he miscalculated the effect of Spinosaurus' lung volume on its center of gravity and that now it is further back, demonstrating that Spinosaurus was bipedal.   I'm skeptical of that claim.....but who am I?  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.