News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Diplodocus carnegii "CATCH THE RAINBOW" & "STARGAZER"

Started by GojiraGuy1954, May 07, 2022, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Like that poor Masiaksaurus baby in Prehistoric Planet. Considering their recent Deinosuchus, and Sarcosuchus, and previous Acrocanthosaurus, it would be great to see an accessory like that included with it. Edit: Both versions of Titanoboa too.

Also ate a baby dinosaur in Dinosaur Revolution if I recall right. Majungasaurus I think?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Remko

Quote from: Faelrin on July 10, 2023, 04:10:20 PMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Like that poor Masiaksaurus baby in Prehistoric Planet. Considering their recent Deinosuchus, and Sarcosuchus, and previous Acrocanthosaurus, it would be great to see an accessory like that included with it. Edit: Both versions of Titanoboa too.

Also ate a baby dinosaur in Dinosaur Revolution if I recall right. Majungasaurus I think?

Miniature Museum already has several Beelzebufo's available for printing. Including one attacking a baby Masiakasaurus.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-masiakasaurus-knopfleri-beelzebufo-attack-302050

Faelrin

R @Remko That's very nice, but I don't have a printer, and not sure where the closest place with one would be, or much of a hassle it would be, or price wise. I'll bookmark it in any case. Not in the position to do so now in any case with all the saving up I am trying to do for these next few months. Granted I also don't typically collect unpainted models either. I mean I never finished the Greererpeton I sculpted years ago, because of my depression, let alone anything else I had plans for, so something like this would only add to that pile I guess. Only exceptions to that have been the Life game miniatures, and I think the Marx Moschops, and Invicta Woolly Mammoth, vintage figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Faelrin on July 10, 2023, 06:19:54 PMR @Remko That's very nice, but I don't have a printer, and not sure where the closest place with one would be, or much of a hassle it would be, or price wise. I'll bookmark it in any case. Not in the position to do so now in any case with all the saving up I am trying to do for these next few months. Granted I also don't typically collect unpainted models either. I mean I never finished the Greererpeton I sculpted years ago, because of my depression, let alone anything else I had plans for, so something like this would only add to that pile I guess. Only exceptions to that have been the Life game miniatures, and I think the Marx Moschops, and Invicta Woolly Mammoth, vintage figures.

Dinosauria Creatures are now licensed for Miniature Museum models. Just try to ask them if they would be able to produce that frog for you.

Newt

Sorry if it's bad form, but I'm responding to the first page of this thread, as I've overlooked it until now.

These diplodoci are impressive in both sculpt and scale. I'd love to get one, but I have no room for it.

I applaud Rebor for going for the gusto, and also for their selection of names - Rainbow was a heck of a band, especially in the Ronnie James Dio years. 

Bread

Here is some photos of dinosaur_models_artworks paint up of my Rebor Diplodocus.

Colorscheme is original, I think dinosaur_models_artworks did a great job and execution on the color combinations.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's fantastic. Really stands out on a shelf.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 06, 2023, 02:59:29 PMThat's fantastic. Really stands out on a shelf.
Thank you! I requested a hint of blue to add a sort of pop to the large size of this model.

Now this figure may appear over muscled in the legs, but the sheer size of it compared to Eofauna's really blows it out of the water. I'm certainly happy with this Rebor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 07, 2023, 02:15:24 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 06, 2023, 02:59:29 PMThat's fantastic. Really stands out on a shelf.
Thank you! I requested a hint of blue to add a sort of pop to the large size of this model.

Now this figure may appear over muscled in the legs, but the sheer size of it compared to Eofauna's really blows it out of the water. I'm certainly happy with this Rebor.

Definitely a worthy collection piece.

dragon53

Can anyone who has Catch the Rainbow and Stargazer give a detailed description of the paint scheme differences between the two?

(I've looked at various photos and videos, and the paint schemes vary considerably---in some photos they look brown and in others, they look grey/green).

Turkeysaurus

I've bought "Catch the Rainbow" still waiting for it's arrival. Do you think Rebor big or Eofauna diplodocus small for 1/35 scale? It appears there is quite size difference between two. I bought rebor because of in videos it has sharper details and paint application compared to Eofauna. Also i wasn't sure if Eofauna would look too small compared to my Haolonggood Apatosaurus & PSNO 1/35 dinosaurs.

Eofauna was half of it's price so i hope i made right choice. 1/35 scale,  detail & paint quality important for me. Also this rebor didn't look too inaccurate compared to Eofauna so accuracy wasn't deal breaker for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 12:33:28 AMI've bought "Catch the Rainbow" still waiting for it's arrival. Do you think Rebor big or Eofauna diplodocus small for 1/35 scale? It appears there is quite size difference between two. I bought rebor because of in videos it has sharper details and paint application compared to Eofauna. Also i wasn't sure if Eofauna would look too small compared to my Haolonggood Apatosaurus & PSNO 1/35 dinosaurs.

Eofauna was half of it's price so i hope i made right choice. 1/35 scale,  detail & paint quality important for me. Also this rebor didn't look too inaccurate compared to Eofauna so accuracy wasn't deal breaker for me.

I have both the Eofauna and the Rebor and prefer the Rebor myself, it has more muscle/flesh vs a more skeletal based look. Not that there is anything wrong with that , I like Ely Kish's work too. ;)  I actually just bought my second Catch the Rainbow Dippy. It's a great herd builder if you can get them a bit cheaper.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2024, 12:45:57 AMI have both the Eofauna and the Rebor and prefer the Rebor myself, it has more muscle/flesh vs a more skeletal based look. Not that there is anything wrong with that , I like Ely Kish's work too. ;)  I actually just bought my second Catch the Rainbow Dippy. It's a great herd builder if you can get them a bit cheaper.

Because of low value of turkish lira currency (1 dollar = 32.3 lira at the moment) even one was quite expensive for me. If i buy a herd they better help me rob a bank :)) Currency & custom regulations of my country make me more choosy than i actually am.

In videos i'have watch i found eofauna's detail & paint more comparable to Safari than Rebor & PNSO. Great figure for it's price for sure. I think it was half of the price of the Rebor.

Only other rebor i have "Kiss" It's a beauty. Details on that figure helped my decision to go with Rebor again. It's bigger than 1/35 too though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 01:15:48 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2024, 12:45:57 AMI have both the Eofauna and the Rebor and prefer the Rebor myself, it has more muscle/flesh vs a more skeletal based look. Not that there is anything wrong with that , I like Ely Kish's work too. ;)  I actually just bought my second Catch the Rainbow Dippy. It's a great herd builder if you can get them a bit cheaper.

Because of low value of turkish lira currency (1 dollar = 32.3 lira at the moment) even one was quite expensive for me. If i buy a herd they better help me rob a bank :)) Currency & custom regulations of my country make me more choosy than i actually am.

In videos i'have watch i found eofauna's detail & paint more comparable to Safari than Rebor & PNSO. Great figure for it's price for sure. I think it was half of the price of the Rebor.

Only other rebor i have "Kiss" It's a beauty. Details on that figure helped my decision to go with Rebor again. It's bigger than 1/35 too though.

you can just consider them slightly larger individuals, i dont think anyone has said that the fossils we have are the maximum size.

Bread

Rebor's Diplodocus is although very nice looking and heavily detailed, it is out of scale and too muscular.

It is definitely not 1/35 scale, and if I recall correctly Eofauna's isn't 1/35 either, it's 1/40?

I love mine, which was repainted by dinosaur_models_artworks

But... it's not for everyone.

Turkeysaurus

Nice paint. I think diplodocus is found to have some ginger/yellow-ish colors. Fancier than Elephant colors.

Diplodocus hallorum (ex seismosaurus) is bigger than Carnegii. They can be collected as such Eofaona (Carnegii) & Rebor (Hallorum) i guess:

Pic by carnoking

Turkeysaurus

I got my "Catch The Rainbow" today finally. What a beauty. If anyone think buying it I Highly recomended. Big and top quality ,  looks great next to 1/35 Haolonggood & PNSO models.

Advice: Use a oil (just a little) to connect parts. This way you don't have to wrestle with it.

Flaffy

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 16, 2024, 03:53:28 PMAdvice: Use a oil (just a little) to connect parts. This way you don't have to wrestle with it.

I wouldn't reccomend using any cooking/edible oil for these as it may go rancid / grow mold down the line. Some petroleum-based mineral oil might be the better pick? Some folk use graphite as a lubricant too.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on May 16, 2024, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 16, 2024, 03:53:28 PMAdvice: Use a oil (just a little) to connect parts. This way you don't have to wrestle with it.

I wouldn't reccomend using any cooking/edible oil for these as it may go rancid / grow mold down the line. Some petroleum-based mineral oil might be the better pick? Some folk use graphite as a lubricant too.

Good advice. Thank you 👍

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.