News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

RIP Stephen Czerkas

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 23, 2015, 06:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I'm sorry he died  :( Shall he rest in peace.

andrewsaurus rex

I was just thinking about Stephen Czerkas.  In the late eighties I was at the ROM where there was a life size Allosaurus of his plus several other smaller, 1/10 I think, sculptures.   Astonishing realism.  At the time i'd never seen anything like them.  There was a  group of people gazing at the Allosaurus, myself among them and I heard a girl say to her boyfriend 'is that a real one that they've stuffed?'   I resisted snickering but the sculpture was that real that it could have been.

It was at the same exhibit that I first encountered Carnotaurus, thanks to a stunning sculpture by Stephen Czerkas

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.