News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Discover the Dinosaurs

Started by stoneage, January 28, 2013, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

http://www.discoverthedinosaurs.com/

Has anyone been to this or have any comments about it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like the animatronic dinos are by the Dinosaurs Unearthed guys, kinda hit and miss in terms accuracy and aesthetics.  Though if you love dinosaurs you can probably overlook that and just enjoy it...I don't mind how roadside weird a dino looks..they're still impressive. :)

DinoToyForum

Isn't this the exhibition that stole Himmapaan's artwork? I think so.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 30, 2013, 06:21:19 PM
Isn't this the exhibition that stole Himmapaan's artwork? I think so.  :-\

I must have missed that.  I recall he saying he submitted art for an exhibit but they chose not to use it I think ..but I don't recall them stealing anything ?

Pachyrhinosaurus

This exhibition is coming to an arena near me. The pictures make it look as if it was inspired by Walking With Dinosaurs. I do see some references. The dinosaur eye logo, the stegosaurus coloration are some examples. The "welcome to..." phrase as well as the huge gates sort of reference Jurassic Park. This, however seems aimed at young children (unlike the Walking with Dinosaurs, which looks as if it has a broader focus). I don't think I'll give it a visit, however, as said earlier, it looks great for very young kids.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.