News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock Off's Shall Inherit The Earth

Started by Blackdanter, April 25, 2013, 07:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

Funny what turns up when you do a deep net search!

I tried to purchase examples of a couple of these and was politely told that they're discontinued or unavailable for export ............................. wonder why?

Steroidal Collecta

AAA Anonymous

Blackdanter

Sorry folks, the image linking function seems to be having a senior moment. I'll maybe come back to this later.

postsaurischian

>> no problem - you can copy and paste the image links.

;D The giant CollectAs are funny.

:o Was there a Synthetoceras in the original AAA prehistoric mammals line?

Blackdanter

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 25, 2013, 09:38:40 AM
>> no problem - you can copy and paste the image links.

;D The giant CollectAs are funny.

:o Was there a Synthetoceras in the original AAA prehistoric mammals line?

Can you see the images then Helge? The buttons aren't working for me so I tried manually adding the linking parameters. I really can't be bothered with trying too hard to sort it out as I've a new puppy to babysit so am unable to give much else my full attention!

The only other Synthetoceras that I'm aware of as a toy was by Starlux. There were probably others but I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of an AAA one. Interesting inclusion though isn't it?

Blackdanter

Aha, images issues sorted. I was using the wrong browser! ::)

Libraraptor

Interesting! I´d love to own one of the giant Nothronychus ;-)

Ikessauro

For knock offs they look very good. The mammals are supposed to be Chick Yuet, all copied from AAA except the Synthetoceras... I've got the mammals.

Blackdanter

More images of the giant Collecta knock off's:

Horridus

That Ouranosaurus is based on the Schleich, isn't it - or did Collecta really make an Ouranosaurus that derpy? (Not that these are the originals, mind - but they're pretty close knock-offs.)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Libraraptor

Quote from: Horridus on April 25, 2013, 07:56:13 PM
That Ouranosaurus is based on the Schleich, isn't it - or did Collecta really make an Ouranosaurus that derpy? (Not that these are the originals, mind - but they're pretty close knock-offs.)

No, Marc, CollectA DID make an Ouranosaurus. Their original walks on four legs, however. The Schleich Ouranosaurus is a good figure, CollectA´s is a really goofy guy.
But I don´t think CollectA did a Dimetrodon.

Roselaar

Yeah, that Dimetrodon is an oddball in this lot of Collecta rip-offs. I don't know what they based that on.

I'd still be inclined to buy those derpy fake Collectas, if only for hilarity's sake. :)

Seijun

Can we make this a general knockoff showcase thread? I don't think we have we have one of those yet.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on April 25, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
Can we make this a general knockoff showcase thread? I don't think we have we have one of those yet.

I asked that in the papo knock off thread

Takama

Quote from: Horridus on April 25, 2013, 07:56:13 PM

No CollectA made one. Here it is

Decent body, but a stupid face

Horridus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 25, 2013, 08:29:19 PM
No, Marc, CollectA DID make an Ouranosaurus. Their original walks on four legs, however. The Schleich Ouranosaurus is a good figure, CollectA´s is a really goofy guy.
But I don´t think CollectA did a Dimetrodon.

Thanks for the info (and to you, Takama), but I might have to disagree on the Schleich Ouranosaurus...

I think the DTB review has it right on that one!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

CityRaptor

While the Collecta one is for sure not  a peice of Art, it looks better than the Schleich one. I could see it in some kind of comic, while the Schleich one is just derpy looking. Like it would not even react if some Dinosaur bite it.

The bootleg seems to be based on the Collecta one, with the pose from the Schleich one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Oh and another interesting line! Wow, they really are large versions of early CollectA figures! Too bad they are no longer available, the sure are collectors items now :)

Blackdanter

Here are the prehistoric mammals, the AAA 'homage' figures. I have to say that I rather like these. The Synthetoceras is a gem ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.