News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fixing Opthalmosaurus WWD (Toyway)

Started by Jetoar, September 07, 2013, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

The last month arrive at my girlfriends home my WWD Optahlmosaurus that I bought in Ebay, but the had a lot of scuffs  :-\. The previous owner repaint some areas that had more scuffs with a dark grey painture :-\.

So I decided to fix the figure and this is the final result  ^-^.

I am happy with the results  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Jetoar

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 07, 2013, 05:37:59 PM
Great figure,good thing you fixed it  ;)

Thanks friend, I like to fix the figures if they need a fix  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Crackington

It looks a lot better Jetoar, like new, so well done.

Would you mind if I asked you how you fixed it? Did you just use paint or did you use other materials such as putty?

I'm asking as I recently got 3 WWD figures (the rex, poly and the iguanodon) but they are all in a similar condition to your ophthalmo before you fixed it. I think they were played with quite hard, so any tips on repairing them would be welcome.

Jetoar

Quote from: Crackington on September 08, 2013, 10:17:53 AM
It looks a lot better Jetoar, like new, so well done.

Would you mind if I asked you how you fixed it? Did you just use paint or did you use other materials such as putty?

I'm asking as I recently got 3 WWD figures (the rex, poly and the iguanodon) but they are all in a similar condition to your ophthalmo before you fixed it. I think they were played with quite hard, so any tips on repairing them would be welcome.

With the ophtalmo I've only used paint applied with brush and airbrush. But with other figures such as the polacanthus I had to use green putty to reconstruct several spikes.
I hope that helps  ^-^.

postsaurischian

Beautiful :)! Especially the eye area is very well done.

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 08, 2013, 05:53:39 PM
Beautiful :)! Especially the eye area is very well done.

Thanks friend, I spent a long time thinking about how to paint the eyes area but I am happy with the final results  ^-^.

Crackington

With the ophtalmo I've only used paint applied with brush and airbrush. But with other figures such as the polacanthus I had to use green putty to reconstruct several spikes.
I hope that helps  ^-^.
[/quote]

Thanks Jetoar, that's very helpful. There is some spike damage to my poly too, looks like the armoured dinosaur is more vulnerable to the attentions of brobdingnagian kids! I'll use the putty on it when I get around to repairing them.

Battatitan

Quote from: Jetoar on September 08, 2013, 06:19:15 PM

I am happy with the final results  ^-^.

And so you should be! Some of my WWD figures have paint damage but I have no experience in fixing them so, for the moment, they will remain unaltered.

Jetoar

Quote from: Crackington on September 08, 2013, 07:30:41 PM
I hope that helps  ^-^.

Thanks Jetoar, that's very helpful. There is some spike damage to my poly too, looks like the armoured dinosaur is more vulnerable to the attentions of brobdingnagian kids! I'll use the putty on it when I get around to repairing them.
[/quote]

You are welcome, I hope that you have luck with it  ^-^.

Jetoar

Quote from: Battatitan on September 08, 2013, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 08, 2013, 06:19:15 PM

I am happy with the final results  ^-^.

And so you should be! Some of my WWD figures have paint damage but I have no experience in fixing them so, for the moment, they will remain unaltered.

Thank you for the coment friend. I hope someday you will find the courage to fix it yourself  ^-^.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.