News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Manatee's Updated Paleoart

Started by Manatee, January 02, 2015, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

A while back I made a paleoart thread, but recently I've realized that the integument and the anatomy weren't all correct so I decided to make an updated paleoart thread. Prepare for a lot of feathered theropods.

Styracosaurus: I got the pose from Olorotitan's Mercuriceratops on deviantArt, so that credit goes to him, and modified the dinosaur to make a Styraco. Not my best, you can see where I erased earlier drafts of the horns, frill, and body.

Yutyrannus: the scan messed this one up, but in reality the paper meet isn't as noticeable and the tail isn't cut off.

Troodon: in my opinion, my best work.

Concavenator

These look good! Good to see you make them accurate  :) So far my fave is the Troodon,but I also like tour spiky Styracosaurus,and that's because I really think ceratopsians had quills,because not all of them had horns for defense,like Kosmoceratops or Diabloceratops.I also like how fluffy your Yutyrannus is.Keep up the good work dude.

SpittersForEver

I think the Yutyrannus is the best.

spinosaurus1

nice work. love to see more from you

Manatee

Hey, look, a Fukuiraptor! I reconstructed it as a tyrannosauroid based on our newest view on megaraptoran taxonomy and using the juvenile skull of Megaraptor as guidance for the head.

Arul

Nice draw  ;) yutyrannus is my favorite  :D

Manatee

Let's please not start using "Y-Rex" as an abbreviation for Yutyrannus.  >:(

triceratops83

Quote from: Manatee on January 04, 2015, 01:43:18 AM

Y-not? Heh, heh.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 04, 2015, 06:17:59 AM

Y-not? Heh, heh.
Honestly it just feels like an attempt at trendiness, but it doesn't work because there is no "rex" in Yutyrannus huali's name.

Yutyrannus is just fine imo.

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 04, 2015, 07:10:35 AM
Quote from: triceratops83 on January 04, 2015, 06:17:59 AM

Y-not? Heh, heh.
Honestly it just feels like an attempt at trendiness, but it doesn't work because there is no "rex" in Yutyrannus huali's name.

Yutyrannus is just fine imo.

Totally agree, just can't pass up a silly pun ;)
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Changed sorry  :P thanks for the info, i have to keep myself updating about paleo news  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.