News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dilopho's repaints: Humble Beginnings

Started by Dilopho, September 05, 2015, 03:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

This is my first repaint, of one of my very oldest dinosaurs. Nothing impressive. What you can't see in the photo is that I added nostrils in the correct place, and black toenails.

DinoToyForum

Dilopho

Dilopho

Oh, I know this is posting twice in a row, but I'm so pleased with this! This is my second ever repaint, some sort of "Raptor" I got from an old lady. I'm super happy about this one. It kind of looks like something from Dinosaur Revolution- I guess those stripes on the back remind me of Broken Jaw. I'm thinking of making a pack of raptors from all of my raptor chinasaurs!

Rain

Quote from: Dilopho on September 05, 2015, 09:41:37 PM
Oh, I know this is posting twice in a row, but I'm so pleased with this! This is my second ever repaint, some sort of "Raptor" I got from an old lady. I'm super happy about this one. It kind of looks like something from Dinosaur Revolution- I guess those stripes on the back remind me of Broken Jaw. I'm thinking of making a pack of raptors from all of my raptor chinasaurs!

Great work! I'm eager to see more :)

Dilopho

Here's three- well, technically five- new repaints!

jooooo

Very nice repaints. I really like the color pallete on the Deinonychus and Velociraptor.

Dilopho

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on September 07, 2015, 08:38:36 PM
Very nice repaints. I really like the color pallete on the Deinonychus and Velociraptor.
Thank you! And I like your icon!

Pachyrhinosaurus

As much as I disagree with an exclusively scaly tyrannosaurus, the DR design certainly is a winner! The other ones are nice as well but the rex is by far my favorite.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dilopho

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 07, 2015, 11:55:58 PM
As much as I disagree with an exclusively scaly tyrannosaurus, the DR design certainly is a winner! The other ones are nice as well but the rex is by far my favorite.
Thank you! I figured that the Wild Safari T. rex looked too cliche- green dinosaurs with red highlights and pale bellies? They were new in the 90s, not so much now.

Dilopho

Here's another dinosaur, this time what I assume is a Kentrosaurus. Only after painting this did I realise that I'd accidentally made it look like the Schleich one, but not with a good sculpt. Oh, well. This one was originally all green except the pupils and tongue. Why didn't they paint the eyes white? Why did they only put on a pupil? I don't know...

jooooo

Quote from: Dilopho on September 07, 2015, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: Jonagold2000 on September 07, 2015, 08:38:36 PM
Thank you! And I like your icon!
Thank you i made it myself.

I'd suggest some less red colors on the Kentrosaurus, maybe some blue. But other than that its very nice.

Dilopho

Here's two more! The first is a Wild Safari Triceratops. I "borrowed" the colours from my Mama's dinosaurs- two Greencheek Conures called Rio and Frankie. I'm really fond of the stripes I put on the tail!

The second one was probably a Tyrannosaurus, but in my mind it seems like a Zhuchengtyrannus. I gave it tonsils and front-facing eyes to make it look creepy from the front, but it actually turned out rather...cute!

Killekor

Apologize for resurrecting this thread...but i don't see any photos

Sorry

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Killekor on January 21, 2017, 03:08:12 PM

Sorry

Killekor

Please, STOP....  C:-)

suspsy

Quote from: Killekor on January 21, 2017, 03:08:12 PM

Sorry

Killekor

This habit of yours is getting really annoying. Nor does saying sorry make it okay.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.