News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Weaver

Fantastic! And oh my gosh, with the cloth on his mouth it looks as if he has a toothache. XD Love it!

Rich72

Stunning illustrations, I'm quite blown away. I studied illustration but alas did nothing with it due to many contributing factors, a big slice of laziness in my earlier years being a problem.  :-[

You really are a rare talent indeed, beautiful work.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Rich72 on April 22, 2013, 06:06:21 PM
Stunning illustrations, I'm quite blown away. I studied illustration but alas did nothing with it due to many contributing factors, a big slice of laziness in my earlier years being a problem.  :-[

You really are a rare talent indeed, beautiful work.

Thank you so much, Rich. I'm sorry I'd been so long in replying.

------

Hello, folks. I'm afraid I'm still alive, more's the pity. I'm slightly horrified to realise that I hadn't been around the forum for four months. Aiya. I've even received an impertinent notice warning that this topic hasn't been posted in for at least 120 days. :)) But I suppose I may as well re-emerge by sharing some more work.

This bipedal Apatosaurus was inspired by an article by Mike Taylor and Scott Hartman's accompanying skeletal on the Walking with Dinosaurs blog.

This Deinonychus began as a study but I sort of lost my way with it.

A silly cookie-eating Pteranodon that was prompted by a joke.

More silliness in the shape of an 'accurate' Darwin the Allosaurus from Blackgang Chine.

Some extant dinosaurs now. A green peafowl head. The original is 94mm in diameter. This one is a personal favourite but the scan loses some of the depth of the original. If anyone is interested in how it was painted, please visit here.

A sketch of a marabou stork whose name I foolishly misspelled as 'Maribou' before realising it.

And finally for now, the latest piece, completed only today, a Parasaurolophus head, 3.5 x 2.5 inches.

Obligatory comparison photograph with a penny.

Gwangi

That Deinonychus looks really pleased with himself (or herself). Excellent work on all of them. I'm particularly blown away by the two birds. Am I correct in thinking I've seen some of these on "Love in the Time of Chasmosaurus"?

Everything_Dinosaur

An eclectic mix of drawings and illustrations, fascinating interpretations and very skilfully done.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 23, 2013, 01:32:09 AM
Hello, folks. I'm afraid I'm still alive, .......

Well, I'm glad you are.

And I'm happy to see those new wonderful illustrations :D. I may not be the only one who's collecting your scans.
I can see why the Peacock portrait is a personal favourite. And the Marabou is awesome too :o! As usually I tend to say: Stop here, it's perfect! But I have thought so a lot of times during several of your working processes and you've put me right all the time ;D.

Jetoar

Allosaurus is amazing  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I said it before..but I LOVE that Allosaurus.. ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.