News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 07, 2012, 07:30:29 PM
Well, Spinosaurus and Ouranosaurus didn't live at the same time anyway. Planet Dinosaur took a bit of a liberty with that one.  :))

I haven't really even watched that yet..but I believe I do recall the spinosaurus book by Rourke put them together.  I guess it's possible some variant of Ouranosaurus or Spinosaurus lived together.

I just have a hard time stopping myself you know ? I think what other elements could I add to flush out the story ? Of course that's just me as well..every piece needing a story..lol

ZoPteryx

That is prodigously stupendous! :o  Why do you have to be so good Himmapaan, I'm now having to reference a thesaurus for different words every time I comment on your art! ;)

Takama

Himmapaan

Thank you, guys. Zopteryx, you're too kind!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 07, 2012, 08:58:45 PM
I just have a hard time stopping myself you know ? I think what other elements could I add to flush out the story ? Of course that's just me as well..every piece needing a story..lol

Not a bad thing to be.  ;)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Thank you, Jetoar.

------

An Amargasaurus in progress. Inspired by David Orr's poem on Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs.

Weaver

AHHH! Amargasaurus! Oh gosh, wait a minute while I Look at all those neat details. I love the wavy spines and that tail. Lovely. I don't have any more classes today so I get to look at dinos all day. :D

Jetoar

Cool very Cool draw with a lot of details  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Another relatively quick and silly drawing, though of a situation that isn't entirely impossible.

Shared with my equally insubstantial post on Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol I love it ! Would love to see that as a three dimensional piece.

I don't see it as impossible either, I've seen goats around here get into the oddest positions..especially when getting to food. ;D

Himmapaan

Observe this Polar bear trying to get at some guillemot eggs, for instance.  :D

Of course, I am stretching things just a bit, but it's not an uninformed fancy, at any rate.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol the lengths some animals will go to eh ?

Weaver

Heehee... I just, oh gosh. My cats and bird do the same thing. Except that the bird will hang upside down and reach for a spray of millet-seed. The cats do it for whenever I bring in stem of catnip.

Silly critters. XD

DinoToyForum

brontodocus

Oh dear, how did you come up there? And how would you come down again? :o
Firemen may secure cats from trees but won't this one be a little heavy for one person to carry down a ladder? ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on December 12, 2012, 09:22:15 AM
Oh dear, how did you come up there? And how would you come down again? :o
Firemen may secure cats from trees but won't this one be a little heavy for one person to carry down a ladder? ;D

Either it's genius and he'll figure a way down or it's stupidity and nature has a way of weeding those out..lol

Maybe his friends will guide him down ?

Sam: " Alright Joe start down carefully, put your left foot right . "
Joe: " My right or your right ? "
Bill: " His right. "
Dave: " CAREFUL !! "
Joe : " WOAH ! "
Bill:  " Jeez, Dave you scared us half to death. "
Dave : " Sorry, just trying to help. "
Joe : " Okay, now where. "
Sam:  " Down about a foot  on your left. "
Bill: " No, see there is a better spot there a few inches over. "
Dave: " Did you guys see those carnotaurus in the next valley over ?"
Sam: "What ? Those don't live around here. "
Dave: " I swear it ! Come on I'll show you. "
Bill: " I have to see this ! "
Joe: " Uh..guys ? "

Himmapaan

Haha, Chris.  :)) Though as they're Shantungosaurus, perhaps their names ought to be Zhou, Baozi, Shang, and Dao instead.  ;D

Sorry for such a delayed reply! Um, where was I? Ah, yes...

Originally drawn for LITC, but naturally the wish comes from me to everyone, too. Happy New Year!

DinoToyForum

Brilliant  :D
But how did the Dilophosaurus get up there?
Well, he's there now, so the only way to tempt him down is with a custard cream or two.

ZoPteryx

Himmapaan

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: