You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you mind bases for dinosaur figures?

Started by Concavenator, July 30, 2013, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want bases on dinosaur figures?

Yes,I want bipedal /theropod dinosaur figures to have a base for stability(all figures)
2 (11.8%)
I don't mind.If the figure seems to be prone to fall,then yes.
9 (52.9%)
No,I don't want them to have bases.
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Megalosaurus

Hi.

I wish that all the flying and swimming figures has transparent and discrete bases.

As for any walking models, i do not want bases, unless they are removable ones.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

amargasaurus cazaui

Imagine if Safari or collecta dared....a toy company tried. At the start of the year they would state, these are our four or five or whatever number of figures for this year. Here are the prices....but if you order the entire group, we will toss in a diorama piece, that has slots   or pegs or areas for each figure to stand. A few trees, and plants, rocks and what not to complete the effect. And if you purchase the entire set you also get, a fifth, bonus figure that is not offered for retail sale. How many people would order the whole set right then rather than nitpicking one or two figures. They would sell more dinosaurs, the figures would stand, and collectors could rejoice for the rarer limited pieces that come with the scene
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

David Phantomhive

Megalosaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 02, 2013, 09:46:25 PM
Imagine if Safari or collecta dared....a toy company tried. At the start of the year they would state, these are our four or five or whatever number of figures for this year. Here are the prices....but if you order the entire group, we will toss in a diorama piece, that has slots   or pegs or areas for each figure to stand. A few trees, and plants, rocks and what not to complete the effect. And if you purchase the entire set you also get, a fifth, bonus figure that is not offered for retail sale. How many people would order the whole set right then rather than nitpicking one or two figures. They would sell more dinosaurs, the figures would stand, and collectors could rejoice for the rarer limited pieces that come with the scene

In that case i'll buy them all, even if if i dislike a couple of them.

Hey. Lets hope our friend Everything_Dinosaur pass this idea to the companies.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Patrx

Quote from: John on July 31, 2013, 11:35:17 PM
Sorry Patrx,I just misunderstood you.

No worries! Such things are bound to happen; particularly on the Internet.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 31, 2013, 11:37:49 PM
Sorry, I did it again with my big mouth :-X

I don't agree with all of your opinions, Patrx, but posting that facepalm image was a bit mean of me. So I apologise, I'll take it down if you want. Sometimes I say things without thinking them through. It's an aspect of my personality that I need to work on :-\

You have a very approachable, kind attitude, and I find that admirable.

In truth, I found the image to be kinda funny anyway  :)) That's kind of you to say, thank you.
Apologies for the late reply to all this - I'm in the process of moving and rarely have access to a proper computer.

Ikessauro

I'm with Patrx on this one. I don't get why people reject bases so much! I know everyone wants his/her dinos to be as lifelike as possible and some want to make dioramas with them. I am like that too. I want my dinos to be the closest to a living animal as possible. A base well made that represents the natural environment of such animal with pegs that insert into the feet would not ruin its lifelikeness. Diorama lovers can detach the base and so can kids who prefer to play with the toy. I would much prefer to pay a little more for a well balanced based and accurate model than to have huge clown feet or the horrible tail tripod stance.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.