News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs (Balaur's Edition)

Started by Balaur, March 16, 2014, 05:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Balaur

And finally a list for Sea Monsters.

Sea Monsters
The First Monsters
475 million years ago, New York -
Megalograptus
Cameroceras
Horseshoe Crab
Astraspis
Isotelus
Graptolite
Trocholites

360 million years ago, Montana -
Dunkleosteus
Bothriolepis
Stethacanthus

240 million years ago, Switzerland -
Nothosaurus
Cymbospondylus
Atopodentatus
Placodont
Tanystropheus

Hell's Aquarium -
150 million years ago, Germany -
Pliosaurus kevani
Geosaurus
Belemnite
Hybodus

85 million years ago, Kansas -
Tylosaurus
Archelon
Hesperornis
Pteranodon
Elasmosaurus
Xiphactinus
Halisaurus
Jellyfish
Squalicorax

75 million years ago, Mongolia -
Hainosaurus
Saurolophus
Xiphactinus
Tarbosaurus
Velociraptor

Into the Jaws of Death -
36 million years ago, Egypt -
Basilosaurus
Dorudon
Arsinoitherium

6 million years ago, Peru -
Carcharocles megalodon
Thalassocnus
Odobenocetops
Acrophoca
Cetotherium
Bottlenose Dolphin
Gannet
Sea Gulls

Present Day, Antarctica -
Orcinus orca
Balaenoptera bonaerensis
Pygoscelis adeliae

Balaur

Well, here I go on a rant, but first, a picture of my all time favourite dinosaur.

Leaellynasaura amicagraphica

First off, that's my best picture I've ever drawn. Second off, is that not the cutest dinosaur you have ever seen?!  ;D  ;D
Now, here is what I think of Leaellynasaura. I think that its feet were a little bigger than most ornithopods, possibly to help it move around in the snow. It has reduced arms, with tiny claws, but it has little use. The gigantically fluffy tail is used both as a defense mechanism against predators and for warmth. When predators attack, the tails length, slightly increased due to the feathers, makes it not only bigger than it is, but also makes the predator focus on the tail and not the body. In winter, because Leaellynasaura didn't hibernate, it curled the tail around its body, more than once, to keep it warm in the coldest parts of winter. Also, there are a few quills, which you can see on the tail. So, that my adorable fluff machine!  ;D

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Thanks! So, does it hold the record for cutest dinosaur?

Yutyrannus

Definiely! Also, I added this and Hyaenodon to the wiki.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 15, 2014, 05:59:15 AM
Definiely! Also, I added this and Hyaenodon to the wiki.

Thanks! Also, I am working on something very special for Walking with Dinosaurs... Hopefully it will be up in the next week...

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Balaur

Balaur

Well, it's been a while, but here is a whole new batch of pictures!

Baryonyx walkeri. I intentionally made the body a bit longer than it usually is portrayed as due to the new Spinosaurus, and I made the legs just a little bit shorter as well.

Euparkeria. I added in the feathers as feather-like integument might go back into the origins of archosaurs.

Basilosaurus isis

Doedicurus

Carcharocles megalodon

Concavenator

These are awesome!That Baryonys is stunning!

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Very cool! I think that the Carcharocles megalodon and the Euparkeria are my favorites :).

Balaur

Alright, long time, but here is a new version of the movie. I planned to have it up yesterday but it was my birthday so yeah. Here it is.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Walking-with-Dinosaurs-3D-494832329

Balaur

For those who haven't seen in yet, here are two new animal designs.

Inostrancevia alexanderi

Thalassocnus yucanensis

Balaur

I have a new picture for the series.

Juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex

The redone digital version of the adult is coming, and it's going to be awesome!  ;D

Concavenator

Balaur

Balaur

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: