News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What dinosaur goodies did you get this Christmas?

Started by Raptoress, December 27, 2013, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptoress

Share some photos (or not) of some of the dinosaur goodies you got this Christmas. I got:

Papo Brown T Rex
Papo Pachycephalosaurus
Papo Pachyrhinosaurus
Papo Styracosaurus
Papo Velociraptor
Schleich Velociraptor
Schleich Giganotosayrus
Schleich Styracosaurus
Schleich Stegosaurus
CollectA Torosaurus
CollectA Triceratops
CollectA Kosmoceratops
CollectA Utahceratops
Dinosaur chocolates, stickers, a pteranodon pendent and two dinosaur Webkinz plushies.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I received the new Big Golden Book of Dinosaurs and The Last Day of the Dinosaur Mummy books.

Megalania

i got

Allosaurus Papo
Tyrannosaurus wild safari
Stegosaurus wild safari
Triceratops wild safari
edmontosaurus wild safari
Acrocanthosaurus Wild safari
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Raptoress

Quote from: Megalania on December 27, 2013, 01:19:13 AM
i got

Allosaurus Papo
Stegosaurus wild safari
Triceratops wild safari

Nice! Especially like the Papo Allosaurus!

Blade-of-the-Moon

i got

Allosaurus Papo
Stegosaurus wild safari
Triceratops wild safari

Nice ! Glad to see some people on the DTF received some actual dinosaur TOYS ! lol

Balaur

Cambrian Fauna Toob
Safari Gryposaurus (to expand my ever growng hadrosaur collection)
Papo Dimetrodon

I love all three. And now with the money I have recieved for Christmas, I'll be sort of busy with shopping for the next few months. ;)

Yutyrannus

I will be getting my next Shapeways figure: Mb-cg's 1/40 Baryonyx :). Perhaps also the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, Safari Diabloceratops, and Papo Dimetrodon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Sumo

Got nothing, strictly speaking... but with the money I got I bought the Bullyland Spino and Dilophosaurus, Schleich Parasaurolophus, and various WWD blind bags. And you better believe I'll be buying the Safari and Collecta 2014s once MPV gets them in stock!
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Megalania

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2013, 04:04:40 PM
i got

Allosaurus Papo
Stegosaurus wild safari
Triceratops wild safari

Nice ! Glad to see some people on the DTF received some actual dinosaur TOYS ! lol
Thanks
;D
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

alexeratops

Papo Carnotaurus
W.S Elasmosaurus
Playmobil Brachiosaurus set
Bloco toys Rex+Tritops set

Apparently you are soposed to keep the excess foam parts in the Bloco sets,and I didnt know that until I threw away the part that I needed. So, my dad had to dig through the trash to find the pieces. He's not in a good mood.*nervous smile*
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 28, 2013, 12:05:03 AM
Nice catch. The movie is actually pretty good.

For a Cheap Asylum Film, it is indeed a good one.   Though The Carnotauruses looked ridiculous. There Like Raptors with horns.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 29, 2013, 03:57:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 28, 2013, 12:05:03 AM
Nice catch. The movie is actually pretty good.

For a Cheap Asylum Film, it is indeed a good one.   Though The Carnotauruses looked ridiculous. There Like Raptors with horns.

Kinda reminded me of Dinosaurs Attack! They sort of left the ending open.

Ikessauro

I got nothing. :( Anyway, I wasn't really expecting to get anything, so a few weeks ago I decided to give myself a present and ordered my first resin model kit, which was sent to Martin and is at the time waiting to be built and painted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 29, 2013, 04:43:05 AM
I got nothing. :( Anyway, I wasn't really expecting to get anything, so a few weeks ago I decided to give myself a present and ordered my first resin model kit, which was sent to Martin and is at the time waiting to be built and painted.

Sorry to hear that bud.  Sometimes the best present you get is the one you get yourself. :)

fleshanthos

I got to eat dinosaur. Twice.

I also gave my three year old nephew the "Animal Planet" bucket o dinos from toys r us.
He really liked it.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

deanm

No dino toys but I did get a dino book.

Jurassic West. The Dinosaurs of the Morrison Formation and Their World by John Foster  I'm looking forward to staring that one after I finish the other book I got; "Weird Life" by David Toomey (about extremophile organisms (a popular account)).

I slow smoked a "brined dino" for 12 hours - used black cherry wood for a beautiful mahogeny coloured skin finish. And just to make sure I show no preference to "dinos" I did a ham and beef roast also. Once the charcoal is going - you may as well use it...  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: deanm on December 29, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Jurassic West. The Dinosaurs of the Morrison Formation and Their World by John Foster  I'm looking forward to staring that one after I finish the other book I got; "Weird Life" by David Toomey (about extremophile organisms (a popular account)).

I slow smoked a "brined dino" for 12 hours - used black cherry wood for a beautiful mahogeny coloured skin finish. And just to make sure I show no preference to "dinos" I did a ham and beef roast also. Once the charcoal is going - you may as well use it...  ;)

Sounds good.. I don't think anyone here has ever heard of basting or spices of any sort.. lol

deanm

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2013, 03:03:03 PM
Quote from: deanm on December 29, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Sounds good.. I don't think anyone here has ever heard of basting or spices of any sort.. lol

One quick de-rail and then back on topic.  LOL.  I love my BBQ's - I have three of them in my tiny backyard.  Propane grill for fast week night food (burgers, etc). Charcoal grill and Weber Smokey Mountain for proper BBQ.  Having both types of charcoal grill gives me great options for slow & faster bbq.

The Weird Life book is interesting ablit a little bit repetitive "look for the water...". I'm trying to finish it in the next day so I can get to the Jurassic West book.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: