News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

When orders go wrong

Started by tyrantqueen, November 30, 2012, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2013, 03:46:19 PM
Hmm..that's really odd. Especially since you have so many similar cases.  Perhaps someone is stealing your mail ?  It would take a person to only pick U.K. packages I think. I would try going to your local postal service and see if you can file a complaint or they can start some sort of inquiry.  Show them how often it's happened. If it is theft it's hard to pinpoint just where the problem is. But make sure your packages are only arriving to a safe location where someone is there to receive them.  Request tracking info is added to every order..it may cost a little more but it will be worth it to see where your stuff is going. Add insurance as well if possible.  Sometimes tracking and insurance will deter possible thieves...especially if it's a postal employee.

Yeah, I've talked to the post office but they can't really do anything when the package has no insurance. I guess my only choice from now on is to add insurance to all my packages from U.K. Thanks for the help Blade

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 12, 2013, 05:26:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2013, 03:46:19 PM
Hmm..that's really odd. Especially since you have so many similar cases.  Perhaps someone is stealing your mail ?  It would take a person to only pick U.K. packages I think. I would try going to your local postal service and see if you can file a complaint or they can start some sort of inquiry.  Show them how often it's happened. If it is theft it's hard to pinpoint just where the problem is. But make sure your packages are only arriving to a safe location where someone is there to receive them.  Request tracking info is added to every order..it may cost a little more but it will be worth it to see where your stuff is going. Add insurance as well if possible.  Sometimes tracking and insurance will deter possible thieves...especially if it's a postal employee.

Yeah, I've talked to the post office but they can't really do anything when the package has no insurance. I guess my only choice from now on is to add insurance to all my packages from U.K. Thanks for the help Blade

no problem, add tracking as well if possible bud.

amargasaurus cazaui

If it were my issue to resolve the first thing I would do is purchase a PO box at the postal office, so the packages could be sent there, insuring they always are directly handed from the post office to my own hands . Simple, cost effective and also prevents loss from theft.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ikessauro

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 13, 2013, 04:40:46 AM
If it were my issue to resolve the first thing I would do is purchase a PO box at the postal office, so the packages could be sent there, insuring they always are directly handed from the post office to my own hands . Simple, cost effective and also prevents loss from theft.

That's a good idea, but probably wouldn't solve my case. I think the problem is happening far from me. I live in a really small town, I know the only mailman in town and he sure isn't the problem. I guess someone must be stealing packages at customs. :-[ >:(

Concavenator

Guess what?Back in November I told my dad to please order me a Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus as my Christmas gift (6th January,The Three Kings day).A few days ago,it came,however,my dad told me that those folks (I ordered it from nahico) sent me the Carnegie Concavenator instead.My question's simple:would any of you personally reccomend that figure?I know I've criticised this figure quite a bit but anyways I'd like to see your opinions/complaints about it.I'm curious  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 02:59:37 PM
Guess what?Back in November I told my dad to please order me a Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus as my Christmas gift (6th January,The Three Kings day).A few days ago,it came,however,my dad told me that those folks (I ordered it from nahico) sent me the Carnegie Concavenator instead.My question's simple:would any of you personally reccomend that figure?I know I've criticised this figure quite a bit but anyways I'd like to see your opinions/complaints about it.I'm curious  :)

You don't have it already ? lol

Here's a review from the blog : www.dinotoyblog.com/?s=concavenator

I think it's a nice figure, paint apps could have been a touch better. Most of the negativity is because it was so close to what was already released ( not a copy but too similar ) ..we kinda wanted to be " wowed " I think. 

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 04:18:49 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

You don't have it already ? lol

Here's a review from the blog : www.dinotoyblog.com/?s=concavenator

I think it's a nice figure, paint apps could have been a touch better. Most of the negativity is because it was so close to what was already released ( not a copy but too similar ) ..we kinda wanted to be " wowed " I think.
No,I don't it yet.And I already read the review,thanks anyways.I also saw reviews of that model from Everything_Dinosaur,alexeratops and one from Jurassic Collectables.
The Carnegie Concavemator was what was my most anticipated figure firstly...you don't know how excited I was when a summer morning,I find out that Carnegie (my favorite brand,along with Papo)was going to release a Concavenator .Then I saw these images and I got enormously excited:
http://safariltd.com/p/concavenator-carnegie-dinosaur-collectibles-figurines-411201
But later I saw this image and I got terribly disappointed:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielzeug/Safari-Ltd/Concavenator-Dinosaurier-von-Safari.html?listtype=search&searchparam=Concavenator
Then I based my decision of not buying due to people's few good comments like ' I'm happy with my Concavenator'.So my interest for it was getting lower and actually I didn't have any plans for getting one.I wish luck would've let it be the Spinosaurus or the Carnotaurus if not the Brachiosaurus. :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

If the only issue holding you back from not liking it is the color that's easily fixed. Several forum members could do it for you. Martin Garratt would do it I'm sure and maybe even add a base to it as well.

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 05:50:33 PM
If the only issue holding you back from not liking it is the color that's easily fixed. Several forum members could do it for you. Martin Garratt would do it I'm sure and maybe even add a base to it as well.
Thanks  :)
I saw some photos that called my attention a lot it wasn't on a tripod pose
(Sorry,can't post pics now)
And it looks so much better.Despite the coloration,while not very imaginative,I don't dislike the choice of colors myself.

Dan

Patrick,

I believe most of those lost packages are related to your location in Brazil. Their customs and postal services have been particularly troublesome this past year. I would not recommend buying from the UK anyway, because their international shipping costs are relatively high (I recently shipped some items to the UK for about half the cost of having them sent back to me in the US). I'm sorry there isn't much that can be done about this. You may wish to hold off on any international purchases, until the system is improved in Brazil, though it's hard to say how long that could take.