News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tiktaalik figures

Started by Brachiosaurus, January 13, 2014, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brachiosaurus

Are there any Tiktaalik figure besides the one made by razh00, also what scale is razh00's

postsaurischian

I don't think there are any others :-\.

The raz00 model is about 10 cm long.
Giving Tiktaalik a length of 2 m ( :-\) it is about 1:20.

Here it is compared to the Yujin Acanthostega (Dinotales sized):

Roselaar

I'm not aware of other Tiktaalik figures either, hence its presence in the Unique Species Thread.

tyrantqueen

I'm not sure if this counts as a figure, but Hirokazu Tokugawa released a model kit of Tikky. You can purchase one here http://www.ne.jp/asahi/fragi/ragi/e.shop.html although it's not cheap and some of them are sold out...

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 14, 2014, 09:07:32 PM
I'm not sure if this counts as a figure, but Hirokazu Tokugawa released a model kit of Tikky. You can purchase one here http://www.ne.jp/asahi/fragi/ragi/e.shop.html although it's not cheap and some of them are sold out...
Yikes that price, I'm in my last year of high school and have no job, there is no way I could afford that.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 14, 2014, 09:07:32 PM
....... Hirokazu Tokugawa released a model kit of Tikky. .......

Oops :-[ ... how could I forget about that one?

Roselaar

Oh well, that's Tiktaalik off the list then I guess...

Brachiosaurus

Safari or Collecta really need to make a Tiktaalik!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on January 15, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

A Tiktaalik in the quality like the Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders - that would be awesome!
Species like Acanthostega or Ichthyostega could also be involved in that series :).
A new special Safari series is overdue.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 15, 2014, 09:57:07 PM

A Tiktaalik in the quality like the Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders - that would be awesome!
Species like Acanthostega or Ichthyostega could also be involved in that series :).
thats sounds amazing, they need/should make another museum amphibian/fish line

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on January 15, 2014, 11:03:25 PM

When the prehistoric shark and croc toob was in the works, there was talk of a 3rd one--a prehistoric amphibian one! But it never happened   :( I think it was just a little too esoteric for what they were going for (crocs and sharks are very recognizable--temnospondyls, not so much)

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: SBell on January 16, 2014, 01:00:51 AM

Why no love for our fishy cousins

When the prehistoric shark and croc toob was in the works, there was talk of a 3rd one--a prehistoric amphibian one! But it never happened   :( I think it was just a little too esoteric for what they were going for (crocs and sharks are very recognizable--temnospondyls, not so much)

Takama

QuoteWhy no love for our fishy cousins?

Well, for one. Almost no one in the general public has heard about them, and if they did, they most likely forget about them in there daily lives.  Either that, or it could be something more...... controversial (Something that I don wish to say)

SBell

Quote from: Takama on January 16, 2014, 01:45:32 AM

Well, for one. Almost no one in the general public has heard about them, and if they did, they most likely forget about them in there daily lives.  Either that, or it could be something more...... controversial (Something that I don wish to say)

I think it was mostly marketing. I don't think evolution is really at issue for Safari, they've done too much with prehistory, etc to avoid it at this point.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: SBell on January 16, 2014, 04:17:48 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 16, 2014, 01:45:32 AM

I think it was mostly marketing. I don't think evolution is really at issue for Safari, they've done too much with prehistory, etc to avoid it at this point.

They could make it like their life cycle figure except from fish to Tiktaalik, to amphibian, to reptile

Simon

Looks like Tiktaalik figures need to be revised.  Back fin/legs were BIGGER than the front ones!

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/13/tiktaalik-fossil-fish-four-legged-land-animal

stemturtle

Brilliant idea for a series, Brachiosaurus and Postsaurischian.  A toob for early vertebrate evolution could include Eusthenopteron, Tiktaalik, Hynerpeton, Diadectes, Hylonomus, Eunotosaurus, Petrolacosaurus, and Ophiacodon.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.