News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

More Knock Off's - New Year, New Safari!

Started by Blackdanter, January 02, 2014, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

Squeal little piggy, it's your turn!  ;D

There are five figures in this range, two of which copy Safari (one papo, one Schleich and possibly another Safari but I haven't seen it yet). The figures are said to be around 28cms in length which would make them larger than the originals? I wonder how they arrived at these figure choices to copy?   

Safari Carnegie Brachiosaurus ................ 

Safari Carnegie Miragaia ................... 

Concavenator

Hahahah that Miragaia is so slender   ;D (kidding)
The Btachiosaurus is saying:Aaarghh I wanna eat my tail   ^-^
Seriously,the Brachiosaurus isn't that bad,however it can't be comoared with the original obviously

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Brachio does look okay..but I have my doubts on that pose...lol if it's 28cm it's either smaller or the same size or close to it ( if your not counting the neck stuck out ) .

sauroid

im guessing these figures are hollow? and that seam on the Brachio just looks awful.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah..but say you wanted a nicer paint test piece, something to cut up for a custom ( sauropod carcass anyone ? ) they would be fine.

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 05:46:48 PM
Yeah..but say you wanted a nicer paint test piece, something to cut up for a custom ( sauropod carcass anyone ? ) they would be fine.
Yes,but if you wanted a way better sauropod corpse,we could always wait to CollectA's to come.  ;)

tyrantqueen

Very ugly. Not sure how I feel about companies ripping off other sculptors hard work without permission, but I guess there's not much that can be done about it.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Ugh. I don't even think these figures look good. What papo piece did they knockoff?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Balaur

Wow! At first they looked fine, but now, they are very ugly! Ugh... I prefer the Carnegie Mosasaurus over these guys!

Blackdanter

Here are the other two images I have .......................

Papo Triceratops? ..................

Schleich Tyrannosaurus ...................

Balaur

Quote from: Blackdanter on January 02, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

Hey, that Tyrannosaurus looks better than Schleich's! ;D

thelordsgym

Quote from: Balaur on January 02, 2014, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on January 02, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

Hey, that Tyrannosaurus looks better than Schleich's! ;D
RLMAO!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 02, 2014, 06:15:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 05:46:48 PM
Yes,but if you wanted a way better sauropod corpse,we could always wait to CollectA's to come.  ;)

I think I could sculpt a good one..waiting on CollectA to produce something of that scale could be awhile. 

tyrantqueen

If it weren't for the seam around the middle, I would have trouble telling this apart from the real McCoy :-\ That can't be good.

Btw, are you on Pixiv?

Blackdanter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 03, 2014, 12:36:39 AM
If it weren't for the seam around the middle, I would have trouble telling this apart from the real McCoy :-\ That can't be good.

Btw, are you on Pixiv?

I actually actively look for knock off's now as they do fascinate me and, of course, it's a whole new collecting strand (which may not actually be a good thing in terms of figure storage).

I have no idea what Pixiv is? I assume it's photo storage of some sort?

alexeratops

Quote from: Blackdanter on January 03, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

Btw, are you on Pixiv?

I actually actively look for knock off's now as they do fascinate me and, of course, it's a whole new collecting strand (which may not actually be a good thing in terms of figure storage).

maybe it's the web site you are on?
like a bantha!

Blackdanter

Quote from: alexeratops on January 03, 2014, 02:58:40 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on January 03, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

Btw, are you on Pixiv?

maybe it's the web site you are on?

Lol, they're not my photos  :))

tyrantqueen

QuoteI have no idea what Pixiv is? I assume it's photo storage of some sort?
It's a Japanese art site, very much like DeviantART. Most of the content is anime derived. And some of the content is...NSFW, I should say :-[

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Blackdanter on January 02, 2014, 01:25:19 PM
Squeal little piggy, it's your turn!  ;D

There are five figures in this range, two of which copy Safari (one papo, one Schleich and possibly another Safari but I haven't seen it yet). The figures are said to be around 28cms in length which would make them larger than the originals? I wonder how they arrived at these figure choices to copy?   

Safari Carnegie Brachiosaurus ................ 

Where did you get the Brachiosaurus from?

Safari Carnegie Miragaia ................... 

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: