News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My sinosaurus model

Started by brandem, August 17, 2014, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

Hey all, her is a completed version of my sinosaurus.  sculpt and paint on this one is by me and it is my first attempt at something higher end.  The model itself belongs to paleogene pals but i'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing it on here, thanks.

Blade-of-the-Moon

brandem

Thanks blade I hope calling it high end doesn't come off as a misnomer though. I'm not at the level of a foulkes or krentz, but I hope I make up for it by having a fair price for what the model is.

Paleogene Pals

Well, Michelangelo didn't start out as Michelangelo. He had to work at it. Actually, I think he did start out pretty good. But, the bottom line is that work and effort is needed to get up there. That said, your first attempt is a nice one, and I am glad to have the first casting, built and painted by the artist himself. And, I will say, "I have his first piece", when you make it big.  :)

Takama

I like the model, But I thought Sinosaurus did not have a Tooth Notch.

ningoth4

brandem

Quote from: Takama on August 19, 2014, 03:23:41 AM
I like the model, But I thought Sinosaurus did not have a Tooth Notch.
That interesting, I based the models appearance and dimensions on dong's 2003 paper which suggest a deep notch between the maxilla and premaxilla, I did not include the beak because well, I didn't actually like the idea. Of course I could model the pieces to reflect the research of any particular paleontologist.

And thank you paleogene, he will be on your doorstep before you know it.

Paleogene Pals

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.