News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stands

Started by Pinkamena, October 17, 2014, 09:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

You are welcome Amargasaurus.

I have to point out of a couple of things though. For one, these models were not originally designed for 3D printing. As such, sometimes tiny details (such as teeth or spines) do not make it to the final product. And sometimes very thin parts, such as toes or claws, can snap off if not handled gently.

Although I have found that printing in FUD most of the detail is preserved. Everything I print has to be solid, because I do not have the ability to create escape holes just yet (although that may change in future). This means that for really big species (such as sauropods) only small scales can be utilised (unless you're okay with paying a lot of money). I have discovered that the recent price drop in WSF materials has helped lower most of the costs considerably.

I am not making any money off these models (just thought I'd point that out, before I get sued by Daz 3D or Poser). I print them for personal use only, and I've paid for every file ;) I also give credit to shiftdel, he was the one who helped me figure everything out in the first place.