News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the JW Hasbro raptors are currently on sale @$9.00 each. should i go for it?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: sauroid on November 22, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

Which ones? Titans, Growlers, or the one Basher? Growers are definitely a deal at $9. The rest... not at all.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 21, 2015, 11:56:34 PM
That is because the executive meddling came in pretty late. Had they planned that from an earlier stage, it might have turned out like Disney's Dinosaur, where you know that they are talking, even with the sound off. Now it is more like one of those shows where animals are dubbed over with human voices.

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 20, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
They're aware that they might not have had as much brains as JP gave them, so they want to eat ours lol! XD

Eating a single organ seems a waste and is probably a mammal thing for the most part anyways. No, Hasbro's saurian horrors are after the flesh of their Kenner brethern...oh, and that of the few good Hasbrosaurs.

I heard it was to be voiceless, but the studio got scared (a movie about animals, without voices?!) and forced the voiceover work into the film mere months before it was released.

CityRaptor

That is what I've read as well. Which is why we got Dinosaurs that look like these:
http://www.impawards.com/2013/walking_with_dinosaurs_3d_gallery.html

As opposed to them looking like these:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

ugh....iguanodon with lips! still giving me nightmares!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

pylraster

Quote from: sauroid on November 22, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

That's what I was thinking of as well. But the lack of sickle claws really turn me off, I wouldn't want to waste money on sub-par figures.

CityRaptor

Besides overall quality that is the problem. That they are not accurate Velociraptors was to be expected, but they aren't movie accurate either.
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Hello.
I had to wait several monts, but at last some JW toys are selling here in México. I bought the Velociraptor Squad 4 pack. But I noticed Echo and Blue are the same sculpt, just painted diffenrent. Is that way in your countries too?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dilopho

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 24, 2015, 06:14:22 PM
Hello.
I had to wait several monts, but at last some JW toys are selling here in México. I bought the Velociraptor Squad 4 pack. But I noticed Echo and Blue are the same sculpt, just painted diffenrent. Is that way in your countries too?
Yes, it's the same in the UK and America.

LophoLeeVT

well if you look close echos arms are longer and its head larger.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Digibasherx

I picked up the Mosasaurus vs. Sub pack and never took it out of the package.  It didn't really appeal to me and I never warmed up to it, I think it's all in the eyes. Not sure if I should return it.  I got it at full retail.

CityRaptor

If online prices for that set are anything to go by, you should keep it and put it on eBay.
Oh no

Digibasherx

Thanks CityRaptor, I didn't even think about checking. I also checked on the Showdown figures and wow, they really go for a lot on the secondary market.  I bought a bunch of those when they were on clearance to repaint, but wow, not anymore. LOL.

Victoria's Cantina

If possible I would say try for the Mosasaurus 2.0 as it has a nicer paint application. I wouldn't say it's completely necessary if you already have the first version, but it's definitely a bit of an upgrade.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Digibasherx on February 25, 2016, 01:53:13 AM
Thanks CityRaptor, I didn't even think about checking. I also checked on the Showdown figures and wow, they really go for a lot on the secondary market.  I bought a bunch of those when they were on clearance to repaint, but wow, not anymore. LOL.

A pity the showdown figures were US only. They show what Hasbro can do if they want.
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.