News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Rain on November 15, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
I don't like the way Hasbro does the whole dino damage thing. Kenner made it work by having a cover up piece. For some reason Hasbro doesn't like doing that... It isn't a Hasbro dino unless it has a mortal wound on its side !

I know, that always bugged me in the JP/// line, all these dinosaurs walking around with their guts exposed for the whole world to behold, pretty darn morbid.

CityRaptor

The reason why I sold off my JPIII figures when restructuring the collection and don't collect JW figures. Okay, part of it besides quality and overall look.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 15, 2015, 10:29:26 PM
The reason why I sold off my JPIII figures when restructuring the collection and don't collect JW figures. Okay, part of it besides quality and overall look.

they certainly arnt kennersaurs, that's for sure.

CityRaptor

Looking at them in a positive way, it at least means that there is more room and money for other Dinosaurs.
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 15, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Looking at them in a positive way, it at least means that there is more room and money for other Dinosaurs.

Yup! Just think of it that way! :)

CityRaptor

Of course as with all bad Dinosaurs, including those of a certain upcoming movie, it will make searching for the good ones harder.
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

do you mean the good dinosaur when you said upcoming movie?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

Yes that one as  a current example. Could also have named Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs or Disney's Dinosaur as examples of movies which resulted in such figures.
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2015, 07:00:30 AM
Yes that one as  a current example. Could also have named Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs or Disney's Dinosaur as examples of movies which resulted in such figures.

Lippy Iguanodons, I still have nightmares.

CityRaptor

Of course the quality of a movie is not always connected to the quality of figures it spawns. Take WWD3D for example. Messed up by executive meddling, but generally nice figures, even if the selection could have been better.
Oh no

stargatedalek

Can't fault everything about that movie though, most documentaries are even shier than that about proper feathering ;)

CityRaptor

Well, the designs are not the issue with that movie, which why we got nice figures.
Oh no

Tyto_Theropod

I don't like the way Hasbro does the whole dino damage thing. Kenner made it work by having a cover up piece. For some reason Hasbro doesn't like doing that... It isn't a Hasbro dino unless it has a mortal wound on its side !

Exactly - I always think they're zombie dinosaurs! :o

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2015, 09:13:19 PM
Of course the quality of a movie is not always connected to the quality of figures it spawns. Take WWD3D for example. Messed up by executive meddling, but generally nice figures, even if the selection could have been better.

I still think March of the Dinosaurs was better, in spite of the lack of feathers on the Troodons and the unstoppable villainous movie monster Albertosaurus - at least it presented more like a wildlife programme and less like an anthropomorphised Disney flick. And, ironically from that point of view, I actually found the 'characters' to be better developed.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

MLMjp

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 19, 2015, 01:19:44 PM

I still think March of the Dinosaurs was better, in spite of the lack of feathers on the Troodons and the unstoppable villainous movie monster Albertosaurus - at least it presented more like a wildlife programme and less like an anthropomorphised Disney flick. And, ironically from that point of view, I actually found the 'characters' to be better developed.

I think what you want to say is the lack of wing feathers and maybe some underfeathering on the troodons. Cause' I'm pretty sure that the troodons had feathers in the film/documentary.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: MLMjp on November 19, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

I think what you want to say is the lack of wing feathers and maybe some underfeathering on the troodons. Cause' I'm pretty sure that the troodons had feathers in the film/documentary.

I was kind of meaning to say 'not enough feathers'. I don't think I can English today...
______________________________________________________________________________________

MLMjp

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 19, 2015, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on November 19, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

I was kind of meaning to say 'not enough feathers'. I don't think I can English today...

It´s ok don´t worry ;)

CityRaptor

I was actually only refering to movies/series that spawned figure lines.

Exactly - I always think they're zombie dinosaurs! :o

Hasbro Studios presents: "The Stomping Dead" >:D
Oh no

Tyto_Theropod

They're aware that they might not have had as much brains as JP gave them, so they want to eat ours lol! XD

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2015, 10:54:45 PM
Well, the designs are not the issue with that movie, which why we got nice figures.

Exactly, the issue was the telepathic dinosaurs.

CityRaptor

That is because the executive meddling came in pretty late. Had they planned that from an earlier stage, it might have turned out like Disney's Dinosaur, where you know that they are talking, even with the sound off. Now it is more like one of those shows where animals are dubbed over with human voices.

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 20, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
They're aware that they might not have had as much brains as JP gave them, so they want to eat ours lol! XD

Eating a single organ seems a waste and is probably a mammal thing for the most part anyways. No, Hasbro's saurian horrors are after the flesh of their Kenner brethern...oh, and that of the few good Hasbrosaurs.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: