News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: suspsy on October 09, 2015, 07:05:14 PM
Given the runaway box office revenues of JW, one would think that Hasbro would be eager to capitalize on that success by producing more toys. I don't know what the status is of all the Kenner moulds, but at the very least, Hasbro could rerelease the JP3 toys in new colour schemes. You know, just like they'd been doing for years previously.
One would think. :p

An interview with Hasbro's Star Wars group yesterday indicated that factory changes have left some molds unavailable; I wonder if the same might be true of those older JP toys.

suspsy

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the original JP and TLW moulds were all gone. But we know that the JP3 moulds still exist, or at least did exist as of a couple of years ago. I'm hardly a fan of the JP3 line, but there's no denying that many of the toys are better than the JW stock.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

LophoLeeVT

yes for example the spino ay least it looks like the jp the hasbro one now doesnt even look similar
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: suspsy on October 10, 2015, 12:42:22 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the original JP and TLW moulds were all gone. But we know that the JP3 moulds still exist, or at least did exist as of a couple of years ago. I'm hardly a fan of the JP3 line, but there's no denying that many of the toys are better than the JW stock.

They should still be available providing that Hasbro is still using the factories that manufactured them. If they're not (or if they haven't for a while) there's a good chance some (or all) of them have been poached. The factories aren't supposed to get rid of them though since they remain Hasbro property even after the production run is complete.

EmperorDinobot

They've all be destroy...er...reviewed. But anyone wanna see my rather repetitive take? I'm gonna start reviewing them now !!!! http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: raptor64870 on November 11, 2015, 01:36:15 PM
nice reviews

Hah thanks! I'm gonna post like 2 different reviews every day, and for the administrators of this site, by all means, feel free to use them and copy paste to your site as long as y'all give credit!!!

http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/

I just did B&B rex, Spinosaurus and S&S rex!

Tyto_Theropod

So I gave in last week and got an 'titan' Echo. As I suspected, it's really poorly made and the tail is already well on the way to falling off. Nevermind, because, well, let's just say I have plans for it... >:D

All going well I might pick up a Charlie to accompany it. I'll skip on Delta though. The anatomy and pose is even worse than the other two! While I was viewing them on the shelf in Toy R Us (which, you guessed it, sells nothing else other than Schliech... >:() I noticed that this model had round pupils, whereas on the others they were slit. Apparently they can't even keep their designs consistent, let alone good quality... :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Takama

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 14, 2015, 12:37:48 AM
So I gave in last week and got an 'titan' Echo. As I suspected, it's really poorly made and the tail is already well on the way to falling off. Nevermind, because, well, let's just say I have plans for it... >:D

All going well I might pick up a Charlie to accompany it. I'll skip on Delta though. The anatomy and pose is even worse than the other two! While I was viewing them on the shelf in Toy R Us (which, you guessed it, sells nothing else other than Schliech... >:() I noticed that this model had round pupils, whereas on the others they were slit. Apparently they can't even keep their designs consistent, let alone good quality... :P

I think that the Eye thing is part of the Cannon.      One of the Raptors has more Bird DNA in her then the others.

Victoria's Cantina

In the promo material Delta had round pupils (bird eyes) but in the final film she does not.

EmperorDinobot

If you can buy the Target exclusive 4 pack titans, please do so. Blue has a cool added feature.

It works kind of like this:

LophoLeeVT

oh my awesome i knew the feature existed but wow.. must beg mom for one!

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Takama on November 14, 2015, 02:08:11 AM
I think that the Eye thing is part of the Cannon.      One of the Raptors has more Bird DNA in her then the others.

Whoops, guess I should have done my homework before I pointed the finger! :-[
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 15, 2015, 12:55:47 PM

While your doing your homework, you can help Takama with his spelling.

Its "canon", with one n.

Raptoress

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on November 15, 2015, 09:18:47 PM

Its "canon", with one n.

Was that necessary?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Raptoress on November 15, 2015, 09:35:31 PM

Its "canon", with one n.

Was that necessary?

Yeah, that was mean.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 15, 2015, 09:39:11 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on November 15, 2015, 09:35:31 PM

Its "canon", with one n.

Was that necessary?

Yeah, that was mean.

No it wasn't, he (Takama) called out another member for making a minor mistake, so I called out his spelling error.

Rain

It was mean and unnecessary. Takama was only pointing out why Delta's pupils are different. Tyto wasn't offended, why are you? Also this is getting off topic now

Plasticbeast95

Ok, here's my thoughts on the later waves of repaints:

They arn't as bland and pasty as the first wave, there still are a few duds. Namely the sickly green rex.

Rain

I don't like the way Hasbro does the whole dino damage thing. Kenner made it work by having a cover up piece. For some reason Hasbro doesn't like doing that... It isn't a Hasbro dino unless it has a mortal wound on its side !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: