News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Nasutoceratops repaint

Started by Albertosaurus, January 27, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albertosaurus

I have always loved this sculpt by Doug Watson but the paint job was just....horrible in my opinion. So for the first time ever I decided to use some acrylic paints that I had around and yesterday I sat down for a while and gave the figure a different look. It needs a bit more of work but I think that it is a bit better than the factory version

Patrx

Whoah, very nice! That's your very first repaint, is it? Well done  :)

ceratopsian

Halichoeres

Nicely done. I especially like that you picked out individual scales in subtly contrasting colors.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Simon

Beatutiful repaint. 

The only suggestion I would make is that you file down the horns so that they have points at the end instead of being blunt ...

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Many times better than the original's dull coloring! great job!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

amargasaurus cazaui

The figure itself was a shot outta the park and makes repainting it even more fun. Just a gorgeous model that paints up as well as any expensive resin model or more expensive piece....just paints up gorgeus in about any color pattern
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

I just visit this thread and wow outstanding. I agreed the original paint is not very good, even when someone revealed the unofficial first pict of it i thought it was a figure which is still on progress or not 100% done

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

smashtoad

Viergacht

The original paint job is so dull and halfassed - yours is so nice and cheerful in comparison!

Jose S.M.

I love the Nasutoceratops and I really don't think bad about the paintjob but it could have been much more exciting, and your repaint it's proof of that. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.